Terror aides strangely keep turning on Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror aides strangely keep turning on Bush

It’s hard to remember another president who has suffered more abuse and betrayal from the government’s career civil service than George W. Bush. Again and again, it seems, the president hires some seemingly seasoned career counterterrorism hand, only to find out later that he’s actually a Democratic plant, a partisan stooge or just a plain fool.

**snip**

The first possibility is that the Bush White House is so freewheeling, inattentive and just plain unlucky that it keeps appointing senior counterterrorism aides who actually turn out to be both policy incompetents and closet Democratic partisans.
    The second that these malefactors leave the White House, they show their true colors and start leveling all manner of baseless charges against the president.

The second possibility is that every counterterrorism expert the White House hires who isn’t (A.) a hidebound ideologue or (B.) a dyed-in-the-wool Bush loyalist eventually becomes so disgusted with the mix of incompetence and mendacity that is the White House’s counterterrorism policy that he eventually quits and then immediately sets about trying to drive the president from office.

Which seems more likely to you? Choice one or choice two?

MORE

Mr. G

he's a great writer
    Are you on the list?

Comment

Another great article from Mr. G. I should copy your bookmarks.

I think this quote from the article clearly answers the question:
      Clarke, of course, worked for the last four presidents (Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II) in a series of national-security and counterterrorism roles.
      Obvioulsy, Clarke was a closet Democrat who tricked Reagan and Bush I into appointing him, with the intention of sabotaging their efforts in order to get Clinotn elected. Very Kissingerian. After Clinton's terms were up, Clarke turned on the charm and fooled GWB into keeping him on staff for the sole purpose of manufacturing lies to use against GWB in the campaign. Brilliant.
      2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

I'm simply stunned that none of the more astute posters on the forum have an answer. <_<

Mr. G

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goalie@Mar 25 2004, 09:33 AM
          [color=blue][i]The second possibility is that every counterterrorism expert the White House hires who isn’t (A.) a hidebound ideologue or (B.) a dyed-in-the-wool Bush loyalist eventually becomes so disgusted with the mix of incompetence and mendacity that is the White House’s counterterrorism policy that he eventually quits and then immediately sets about trying to drive the president from office.

Mr. G
          The truth will set you free.
          Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Working...
          X