Man catches 2-year-old girl as she falls 3 floors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man catches 2-year-old girl as she falls 3 floors

KISSIMMEE, Florida (AP) -- A 2-year-old girl fell three stories from a resort walkway and safely into the arms of a man who had been reading a book by the pool and raced to save her.

The momentum sent both crashing into a bush, but the girl only suffered a bump and some scratches Saturday.

"I just happened to be at the right place at the right time," Alan Burns, 43, said Wednesday.

Burns said he was enjoying his weekend getaway at the Dorsan Suites when he heard a woman screaming. He looked up to see the toddler hanging from a railing on an outdoor walkway.

Burns and the woman ran underneath the child when the girl let go and fell into Burns' arms.

The baby's mother showed up several minutes later and was arrested on a charge of child neglect, police said. The woman was released on $1,000 bail
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Wow!!!
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Where's Walt?
      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Good thing Brant Brown wasn't around at the time.

Comment

Or, Torry "big game" Holt.
          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Was the woman really Michael Jackson?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 25 2004, 08:51 AM

"I just happened to be at the right place at the right time," Alan Burns, 43, said Wednesday. The funny thing was, just before she fell, I could have sworn I saw this fellow in a Cubs hat, sunglasses, and a Walkman reaching for her on the platform."
              Yet another Bartman sighting.
              Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X