Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Eustachy new Southern Miss coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/stor...andy&id=1767558

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

I'll drink to that
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

southern sorority girls like to party
      Are you on the list?

Comment

He only goes where the Natural Lite flows freely.

Comment

Further proof that, despite all the hype, hoopla, and celebrity-like atmosphere, the college basketball coaching profession is filled with mediocrities (sp?).

Anyone who witnessed Eustachy's behavior in the regional final (Iowa State vs. Michigan State) several years knows what lurks behind this clown.

Southern Miss has made a mistake.

Comment

he'll love it down there. Hattiesburg is a party town. If you like yankee hating red-necks.

Comment

The irony of StlazzwipeCeltic typing the word "redneck" is the laugh of the day.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Another thread about me huh, Dumptoft?

Put DOWN the Krispy Kreme and back AWAY from the table!!!

Comment

Might be the first time I've ever noticed you - aside from when you thrust your moronic moniker under mine.

The irony was just too rich.

A stupid thug like you labeling someone a redneck.

Just too funny.
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

ahem...back to the thread (which is not about you, JD, despite the attempt at insult hijacking)

I disagree with King. Eustachy is contrite and has apparently worked to turn his life around, post-booze. I think he is potentially a steal for So. Miss. He's a good coach/recruiter.

Moe
                    The Dude abides.

Comment

This is akin to inviting Mike Tyson to a beauty pageant rehearsal.
                      "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove@Mar 25 2004, 12:51 PM
                        This is akin to inviting Mike Tyson to a beauty pageant rehearsal.
                        Bullshit. He's been through rehab, is contrite and ready to do better. Have you never made a mistake?

Moe
                        The Dude abides.

Comment

Moe,

I didn't say he wouldn't succeed and could prove to be a steal, only that the atmosphere for questionable behavior is set.
                          "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Eustachy is a solid coach who made a mistake. It's fun to make fun of him for it, but with the exodus of young talent to the NBA instead of college, there's a parity in college basketball right now like never before. With that comes an increased emphasis on coaching....which Eustachy can do.

This is a good signing for Southern Miss.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove@Mar 25 2004, 12:57 PM
                              Moe,

I didn't say he wouldn't succeed and could prove to be a steal, only that the atmosphere for questionable behavior is set.
                              I think all involved are quite aware of the enviornment in which he will be working.
                              The Dude abides.

Comment

Working...
                              X