Through Thick And Thin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through Thick And Thin

Who's been our MOST RELIABLE ally? When we make bold and brave decisions and when we make stupid mistakes and get ourselves out there alienating the world, there's (in most our lifetimes) been ONE.

Wonder who they are?

What do you think?

Originally posted by DaLode@Mar 24 2004, 09:45 PM
    Who's been our MOST RELIABLE ally? When we make bold and brave decisions and when we make stupid mistakes and get ourselves out there alienating the world, there's (in most of lifetimes) been ONE.

Wonder who they are?

What do you think?
    Either the Brits or the Aussies...

I would say, for selfish reasons, the Aussies...

Comment

GB has always followed us

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Deleted. See later post

Comment

I would go with the Brits as well.

Unless you are referring to Israel.
          " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Bingo! The 20th Century and the 21st agrees with you too. A personal thing (not the Vietnam bit).....I got stuck in a Jakarta hotel during the East Timor crisis and a bunch of my Australian friends were there too. Got taken to Perth IMMEDIATELY after the American Embassy recommended, since I had Australian friends, that I go out with them on one of the LAST Qauntas flights.

Dad was flying PBY's in the Pacific and always spoke highly about them.

People tend to get this stuff wrong.

The Brits (my kids are half that) didn't raise a hand or gun with us us when I was in the sewers.

The Aussies did.

Same thing in Korea. Many of the 'down under' guys were there, more than most of those whom we consider as allies.

It's a BIG mistake to forget the history.

I never will.

Comment

Nope, it's the Aussies...fine bunch of mates there!

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
              Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
              Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

If I were to live in another nation, it just might be Down Under.

Unless someone who has lived and/or been there can give me a good reason why I shouldnt go there, just in case I ever get into too much trouble here and need a greener pasture... <_<

Where's Sydney Dave when you need him?
                “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 24 2004, 10:02 PM

Unless someone who has lived and/or been there can give me a good reason why I shouldnt go there, just in case I ever get into too much trouble here and need a greener pasture... <_<

Ask Wang, he'd know. Besides, why would you want to leave here? they might not have a Faction down under!

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog

Comment

My nephew is getting married to an Aussie soon.

We all love her to death.

Aussies...good folk.
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 24 2004, 10:02 PM

Razzy-

Guarantee if you were to go there...you'd understand why people love the place...

Sydney..perhaps, the most beautiful city in the world...

Melbourne..it is the best city in the world

Adelaide/Perth/Brisbane...all beautiful cities..

The Aussies are quality people...honest as the day is long...straight shooters..and excellent lingo...genuinely the friendlies folk on the planet...

Comment

In fact, the only problem with Aussies is that they don't speak English...

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi+Mar 24 2004, 10:19 PM-->
                          QUOTE (Indu WangZi @ Mar 24 2004, 10:19 PM)

Originally posted by Rdog3933@Mar 24 2004, 10:21 PM
                          In fact, the only problem with Aussies is that they don't speak English...

the Dog
                          Yeah...we can't all bastardise the English language as well as the Yanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 24 2004, 10:22 PM

I love the Aussie accent. I remember a wine cooler commerical several years ago with an Aussie talking in it. Loved that commercial.
                            You...and every singles sheila I ever decided to throw a "shag" to, mate...

As my Aussie mates say...when in America getting shagged by American lasses...is like "clubbing baby seals"...

Comment

• Working...
                              X