My 1500th Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1500th Post

I've been trying to come up with something meaningful for my 1500th post, so here goes.

Thanks to everyone for reading all my rantings re: FedEx and the whole computer issue. It was nice to be able to come on here and let off some steam and get responses from other people who have been fucked over by FedEx and/or UBid. When my family was sick to death of me bitching about it, you guys weren't -- or at least none of you clowns cussed me out.

So, here's the final story:

After getting no results from FedEx, and really none from UBid either, they simply passed the buck on to FedEx, I called my credit card company and talked to them about the situation.

I told them, "I'm not going to pay this bill when you send it to me." She replied, "Well I hope not, you never received the computer!"

So I called UBid again, told them the story, told them they would be stiffed on this situation if FedEx didn't come through. I told them I was upset with their professionalism and service (UBid) and that while I had heard great things about them from people, my own experience was horrible. And I would be sure to make as much noise as possible to my friends and let them know not to deal with UBid. Not becasue FedEx fucked me, but because UBid wasn't willing to do anything to rectify the situation -- at all.

They finally relented.

They offered to send me another PC of the exact model (earlier they had claimed they were "out") for the price that I initially bid.

I got it the following day, thanks to Next Day Air.

I have some pics of the new PC and the packaging it came in (no wonder people rip these off; it couldn't be more obvious what it is and almost exactly how much its worth).

But thank you all for your support in my time of terrible, terrible peril. =]
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

HUZZAH!
      2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

When I clicked on this thread, I assumed he would tell us it was hoax and he has been on his new pc this whole time and he fucked FedEx out of a free pc.

Comment

I'm glad they finally got you a computer WS. Freakin tossers.

Comment

Thanks.

Who's the chick?
            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

YEAH! for Winston.

Glad it finally worked out for you.

What are you going to buy from them next?

Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 24 2004, 05:07 PM
                I've been trying to come up with something meaningful for my 1500th post, so here goes.

Thanks to everyone for reading all my rantings re: FedEx and the whole computer issue. It was nice to be able to come on here and let off some steam and get responses from other people who have been fucked over by FedEx and/or UBid. When my family was sick to death of me bitching about it, you guys weren't -- or at least none of you clowns cussed me out.

So, here's the final story:

After getting no results from FedEx, and really none from UBid either, they simply passed the buck on to FedEx, I called my credit card company and talked to them about the situation.

I told them, "I'm not going to pay this bill when you send it to me." She replied, "Well I hope not, you never received the computer!"

So I called UBid again, told them the story, told them they would be stiffed on this situation if FedEx didn't come through. I told them I was upset with their professionalism and service (UBid) and that while I had heard great things about them from people, my own experience was horrible. And I would be sure to make as much noise as possible to my friends and let them know not to deal with UBid. Not becasue FedEx fucked me, but because UBid wasn't willing to do anything to rectify the situation -- at all.

They finally relented.

They offered to send me another PC of the exact model (earlier they had claimed they were "out") for the price that I initially bid.

I got it the following day, thanks to Next Day Air.

I have some pics of the new PC and the packaging it came in (no wonder people rip these off; it couldn't be more obvious what it is and almost exactly how much its worth).

But thank you all for your support in my time of terrible, terrible peril. =]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 24 2004, 05:16 PM
                  Thanks.

Who's the chick?
                  My new wife, Latitia Casta.

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy@Mar 24 2004, 05:21 PM
                    My new wife, Latitia Casta.
                    I'd hit it.

Comment

you're the man now dawg is the best thing ever
                      Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 24 2004, 05:25 PM
                        you're the man now dawg is the best thing ever
                        You've seen this, haven't you?

http://www.yourethemannowdog.com/

Turn the sound up and click the link - it's safe for work, I promise.
                        2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Winston..

Good news, asscake...like any of us actually gave a shit....

Took you long enough...

SO..I've been gone...who is winning the LTOH???

Comment

get your purple suit top hat guy avatar back, Yngwie.

Nice to see you, btw.
                            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Winston - persistance pays off!

Congrats on getting what was yours. Hell, they shoud have given you some kind of credit because of all the shit you had to put up with.
                              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Working...
                              X