Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Lincoln stands tall in Cards' pen

Read all aboot'it

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

The guy can pitch. I've seen a ton of Pirates games and Lincoln is almost always reliable. He's a one-inning guy but as long as he's not asked to stretch much beyond that, he's very solid.

I was hoping the Cardinals would get him (and Suppan) at the deadline last year. I'm glad they were able to get him now.

Comment

>>but as long as he's not asked to stretch much beyond that, he's very solid.<<

Uh-oh.
      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Now, what about Tavarez?

Seems like an awful lot of money for him.....
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

we spent almost the same amount of money for Julian Taveraz as Tim Worrell got with the Phillies. Who would you rather have had on this team?

Comment

Precisely my point.
            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Tavarez cries. There's no crying in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesterfield Cat@Mar 24 2004, 08:22 AM
                Who would you rather have had on this team?
                The one with the better WHIP?

Feel free to look that up.

Comment

Yeah, one guy wins and the other has better stats.
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Also, Worrell got $5.5M, which is nearly 40% better than Tavarez got. He got incentives that could earn him more money, too, although maybe Tavarez has incentives as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1682133

Comment

I actually like the way the Cards bullpen is shaping up. Now, if the starting rotation was as sure... :(

Comment

Working...
                      X