good news for yours truly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good news for yours truly

Just found out today that I did indeed get that Accounting internship. TTB and Jack, I would like to personally like to thank you for volunteering to step up and help me out.

Dev,
    What's the latest on your job search?

Way to go, man.

Comment

Nice work!

Let's hope it leads to a permanent position.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Congrats.

Hope all turns out well and they offer you a job.

P.S.

Dont let them tell you that a tie is "over dressed". Thats a tactic they use to see if you will dress like a casual bum.

Dont fall for the trick. Wear the tie until they say you are overdressed three or four times.
        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

good job boner!!

Glad to hear things worked out....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Congratulations!

Bow ties are nice, too.
            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Now that you have the job, you can wear sneakers and a Natural Light tank top every day.

Comment

Boner:

Good job, m' boy! You're officially an adult. The single most important thing you will learn, besides sucking up without actually slurping, is the importance of building relationships and successfully interacting with business people.

These two traits cannot ever be overlooked or underemphasized.

Remember, it is not who YOU know, but, instead, WHO knows you!

So, here's to continued luck and upward mobility...without losing your soul.
                "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Or be like me and learn to play golf well enough.
                  When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove@Mar 23 2004, 03:16 PM
                    Boner:

Good job, m' boy! You're officially an adult. The single most important thing you will learn, besides sucking up without actually slurping, is the importance of building relationships and successfully interacting with business people.

These two traits cannot ever be overlooked or underemphasized.

Remember, it is not who YOU know, but, instead, WHO knows you!

So, here's to continued luck and upward mobility...without losing your soul.
                    Thanks for the advice Groove and thanks to everybody else. I've busted my ass all year trying to get an opportunity like this for this summer and my persistence finally paid off.

Now I'm just depressed because I realized I'm that much closer to being done with college and one step closer to the real world <_<

Comment

bow ties, like elliptical machines, are for tools.
                      Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 23 2004, 03:02 PM
                        Dont fall for the trick.
                        Jack's right. Cynical motherfucker.

Here's another trick that’s even more insidious. Someone sometime will try to buddy up with you by telling you there are no stupid questions so you should feel free to ask anything anytime. That's a lie. There are all kinds of stupid questions.

If it seems like it might be a stupid question to you, it is. If you want to know the answer, let someone else ask. Or look around you to see what everyone else is doing. Or call a friend at another firm. They're evaluating you to see if at some point very soon they can justify billing your time at obscene rates. Looking dumb is not consistent with that plan. JJ.

Comment

We are just not going to agree on stuff today, are we Slu?

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Mar 23 2004, 03:41 PM
                            We are just not going to agree on stuff today, are we Slu?
                            I think I stand firmly with the majority on this issue.
                            Are you on the list?

Comment

Oh, I forgot how important following the majority is...

I was kidding you anyway. Probably.

Comment

Working...
                              X