Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blues streak looks bleak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blues streak looks bleak

    "Me personally, I could care less about the streak," Chris Pronger said. "I want to make the playoffs to win the Stanley Cup, not to keep a streak going."

    "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

  • #2
    When will people realize the correct saying is..........."I couldn't care less"?

    There is a huge fucking difference
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 23 2004, 02:57 PM
      When will people realize the correct saying is..........."I couldn't care less"?

      There is a huge fucking difference
      No shit. I could care less about this place. I couldn't care less about Jack Sparrow.

      Comment


      • #4
        I always used to say "could care less" until I thought about it and realized what Jack says is right. It is an idiom, I guess, doesn't really mean what it says.
        Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

        Comment


        • #5
          Back on topic, I think the Blues are likely to keep the streak going. LA is finally faltering, and I don't think they're going to make the playoffs.

          Comment


          • #6
            I just view it as sarcasm.
            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

            Comment


            • #7
              Actually, I agree with Pronger: I couldn't care less if the streak continued....it's a measuring stick for mediocrity to me....

              "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Airshark@Mar 23 2004, 03:02 PM
                Back on topic, I think the Blues are likely to keep the streak going. LA is finally faltering, and I don't think they're going to make the playoffs.
                Or you could say LA has had a bad stretch and is still only 2 pts behind, and figure they will start winning again.

                Blues will likely make it, and if they get eight, maybe this will be the year they finally beat Det.
                Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Blues will miss the playoffs. Boo fucking hoo. I'd rather see them miss the playoffs and fire Pleau than have them make it, lose in the first round again, and they say, "Great job guys, you fought hard and made the playoffs and kept the streak alive, and got us some playoff revenue too." <_<

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Airshark@Mar 23 2004, 01:02 PM
                    Back on topic, I think the Blues are likely to keep the streak going. LA is finally faltering, and I don't think they're going to make the playoffs.
                    There are now 10 teams competing for eight spots though so two will miss, as the Oilers have roared back into the race and were in eighth place coming into today.

                    Pronger is right. The streak is worthless. The Cup is all that should matter.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Mar 23 2004, 01:30 PM
                      Blues will miss the playoffs. Boo fucking hoo. I'd rather see them miss the playoffs and fire Pleau than have them make it, lose in the first round again, and they say, "Great job guys, you fought hard and made the playoffs and kept the streak alive, and got us some playoff revenue too." <_<
                      I agree with you. That is exactly why I have been rooting for the Blues to lose lately for the first time in my life--in my mind, them losing now is the only hope for them possibly winning something in the future.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's representative of history of this franchise that a melancholy 'claim to fame' is something as lame as this............one of the best 16 teams in the league standings.

                        I couldn't care less.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X