Mizzou J-school student in ESPN Dream Job contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizzou J-school student in ESPN Dream Job contest

Mike Hall went to the University of Missouri in hopes of becoming a network sportscaster. Little did he know that he'd have a legitimate chance to be hired by ESPN to work on its signature "SportsCenter" program before he graduated.

Hall is in the running for that position as one of 12 finalists for the network's "Dream Job" reality show that makes its debut at 9 p.m. Sunday. There will be eight episodes over six weeks to determine the winner, who receives a one-year contract with the network. The episodes take place in New York and put the contestants through a variety of tasks and pitfalls that are confronted in sportscasting. The finale is March 14.

"It's pretty unbelievable," said Hall, who turned 22 Friday. "I wanted to go to Mizzou because it had the best journalism school. I wanted to go to the best journalism school because I wanted to become a sportscaster. I wanted to become a sportscaster to work on 'SportCenter.'"

Hall, who is from the Chicago area...
    Sounds like somebody didn't get into Northwestern...

Source -- stltoday.com

Originally posted by backstop@Feb 21 2004, 10:42 PM
    Mike Hall went to the University of Missouri in hopes of becoming a network sportscaster. Little did he know that he'd have a legitimate chance to be hired by ESPN to work on its signature "SportsCenter" program before he graduated.

Hall is in the running for that position as one of 12 finalists for the network's "Dream Job" reality show that makes its debut at 9 p.m. Sunday. There will be eight episodes over six weeks to determine the winner, who receives a one-year contract with the network. The episodes take place in New York and put the contestants through a variety of tasks and pitfalls that are confronted in sportscasting. The finale is March 14.

"It's pretty unbelievable," said Hall, who turned 22 Friday. "I wanted to go to Mizzou because it had the best journalism school. I wanted to go to the best journalism school because I wanted to become a sportscaster. I wanted to become a sportscaster to work on 'SportCenter.'"

Source -- stltoday.com
    Sounds to me like somebody who knows something about J-schools. B)
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Feb 21 2004, 10:42 PM

Source -- stltoday.com
      LOL.

Actually, what a huge advantage to the kid to attend a J-school that owns the local NBC affiliate and staffs its news show with students. He will already have had plenty of "real" camera time in live settings.

When people come over to my place, I always offer to show my tapes - for $500. Luckily, no one has ever taken my up on that.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Working...
      X