Sparrow....i think the Sports Guy agrees with you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparrow....i think the Sports Guy agrees with you

When Jim Nantz jokingly asked Billy Packer if he would give Wake Forest a pep talk before Thursday's St. Joe's game, did I really hear Packer shoot him down with the words, "I try not to interject myself with specific teams"?

(Yes. I did. Even wrote it down.)
    The Sports Guy does March Madness
    Are you on the list?

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 23 2004, 12:44 PM
    When Jim Nantz jokingly asked Billy Packer if he would give Wake Forest a pep talk before Thursday's St. Joe's game, did I really hear Packer shoot him down with the words, "I try not to interject myself with specific teams"?

(Yes. I did. Even wrote it down.)
    The Sports Guy does March Madness
    Let's put it this way.

I like Billy Pecker SO MUCH MORE than I do the sports guy.

Say, why do they call him "sports" guy anyway? All he talks about is New England/Boston. Guess "New England Guy" sounds kind of poofish. So does his voice - ever heard him speak? Clearly faggish.

Really, come on.

Sports guy is too broad a nickname for this fucker. It implies that he cares and or knows anything about teams from outside of the upper east coast.
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

His columns lately have sucked balls, but this one was a good read. He was better before he got the ESPN gig though. They've neutered him.
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Credit where credit is due.....
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow+Mar 23 2004, 12:51 PM-->
          QUOTE (JackSparrow @ Mar 23 2004, 12:51 PM)

I have said that before he is way too biased.

Should I have quoted him directly?

Dont you think I knew someone would call me on that? I did. I dont have the Mag in front of me at this moment, or I would have wrote it word for word. I just tried to memorize it off the top of my "pea-brain" and type it the way I recalled. Which wasnt far off.

Its exactly how I feel about that fucker. Pardon me for not having the mag and or direct quote in front of me.
          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 23 2004, 01:06 PM
            I have said that before he is way too biased.

Should I have quoted him directly?
            I'm just giving you a hard time.

I agree with you, who really cares about the Patriots and Red Sox anyway?
            OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF RICK ANKIEL AND TRAVIS FISHER

\'user

Comment

he's the sports guy, b/c he had a popular website and was dubbed the Boston Sports Guy. ESPN just took "boston" off it.

i like him. he cracks me up.
              Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

• Working...
                X