Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11: Warning signs ignored by Clinton, Bush

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4585010/

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Frightening stuff, 007.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

The key to minimizing the possibility of 9/11 happening was within our own borders, and no one realized it.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Mar 23 2004, 11:38 AM
        The key to minimizing the possibility of 9/11 happening was within our own borders, and no one realized it.
        the FBI realized it. We just didn't have legal grounds to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze+Mar 23 2004, 11:41 AM-->
          QUOTE (lazydaze @ Mar 23 2004, 11:41 AM)

IMO, the real threat is still within our borders.
          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I think pretty much everyone underestimated the threat before 9/11. We all know that.

We need to focus on what to do going forward. Worrying about who deserves the most blame in the past is pointless except for the history books.
            "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by phantom@Mar 23 2004, 11:49 AM
              I think pretty much everyone underestimated the threat before 9/11. We all know that.

We need to focus on what to do going forward. Worrying about who deserves the most blame in the past is pointless except for the history books.
              Right on.

Nice post.

Comment

Exact-a-mundo.

The problem I am more interested in is: have we done everything possible SINCE 9/11? That's the part of the Clarke interview that most interested me.
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Worrying about who deserves the most blame in the past is pointless except for the history books.
                  ...and upcoming presidential elections.
                  "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Those that ignore the mistakes of history are bound to repeat them.

The purpose, I would hope, is not to dwell on past mistakes-- or to assess blame-- but rather to fully understand and learn from them!
                    Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

but hey, containment good.

Comment

Wolfowitz went a bit after Clarkie today for his use of analogy....

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 23 2004, 04:19 PM
                            !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            He refuted Clarke's claims that he told them 'not too worry aboot a-Q' and Clakre used his analogy of Hitler's use of Mein Kampf, which Wolfowitz used as he always looks into any claims for precisely that reason....

(I doubt that makes sense, so wait for the update's on the evening news!!)

BTW, the committee just praised Rumsfeld for the numerous amount of time he's devoted to this issue for the committee, fwiw...

Comment

• Working...
                              X