Tis the Season for Trade Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tis the Season for Trade Rumors

It's Spring Training for everybody, including baseball's beloved rumor mongers. But they're getting their work in, don't worry.

Benson walking the plank? It seems Pirates right-hander Kris Benson is pitching every Grapefruit League outing now like it could be his last with Pittsburgh. "It's going to be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks," said Benson. Benson's agent has informed him that five teams -- including the Yankees, Cardinals, Phillies and Braves -- are currently in negotiations to acquire the former No. 1 overall selection in the 1996 First-Year Player Draft. The Star-Ledger in New Jersey reported earlier this week that the Red Sox are also believed to be a fifth team interested in Benson.
    The Cardinals are looking for a second baseman or left fielder, somebody who could lead off. But they haven't made much headway yet.

When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

I'll take Lofton to play LF and lead off.
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 23 2004, 11:17 AM
      It's Spring Training for everybody, including baseball's beloved rumor mongers. But they're getting their work in, don't worry.

Benson walking the plank? It seems Pirates right-hander Kris Benson is pitching every Grapefruit League outing now like it could be his last with Pittsburgh. "It's going to be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks," said Benson. Benson's agent has informed him that five teams -- including the Yankees, Cardinals, Phillies and Braves -- are currently in negotiations to acquire the former No. 1 overall selection in the 1996 First-Year Player Draft. The Star-Ledger in New Jersey reported earlier this week that the Red Sox are also believed to be a fifth team interested in Benson.
      The Cardinals are looking for a second baseman or left fielder, somebody who could lead off. But they haven't made much headway yet.

What do you mean they are looking for a second baseman/leadoff hitter?

They got him already: Tony Womack!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Double Oh, when will he suit up?

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 23 2004, 11:23 AM
          Double Oh, when will he suit up?
          According to an article I posted last nite, he already has...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Boston would be a good fit for Benson, not the cardinals.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesterfield Cat@Mar 23 2004, 11:49 AM
              Boston would be a good fit for Benson, not the cardinals.
              We have enough Pittsburgh throw away pitchers as is.

Comment

Working...
              X