Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open apology to Mr. G and the forum

MG (and the forum)--

First, I'd like to apologize to you (and the forum) for changing the title of the thread re: Ashcroft. I shouldn't have 'merged' the topics in order to consolidate the space on the forum.

Secondly, I changed the title of the thread (as I stated in it) to the title of the article in Newsweek. There was no other reason in doing so like you suggested, only to reflect the merged topics. It was an honest mistake.

Should I have changed it? No, I shouldn't have, but like I stated, there wasn't any other malice involved. Period.

Thirdly, if your complaint was handled civily and, as you stated, with 'class', you would've voiced your concerns in a private message. If you would've voiced your concern that way, the situation would have been rectified. Or, as you righfully did, changed it back to what you had in the first place and avoided it altogether.

Instead, the course of action you took just made me, well, pissed and, regrettably, not change it back to what it should have rightfully been: your title. I guess the heat of the moment got to me and I stood my ground.

Again, my apologies to you and the forum for changing the thread's title to something I thought wouldn't make a difference and for overstepping my bounds.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Now go to your room young man.

Comment

fire La007
      Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 23 2004, 02:44 AM
        MG (and the forum)--

First, I'd like to apologize to you (and the forum) for changing the title of the thread re: Ashcroft. I shouldn't have 'merged' the topics in order to consolidate the space on the forum.

Secondly, I changed the title of the thread (as I stated in it) to the title of the article in Newsweek. There was no other reason in doing so like you suggested, only to reflect the merged topics. It was an honest mistake.

Should I have changed it? No, I shouldn't have, but like I stated, there wasn't any other malice involved. Period.

Thirdly, if your complaint was handled civily and, as you stated, with 'class', you would've voiced your concerns in a private message. If you would've voiced your concern that way, the situation would have been rectified. Or, as you righfully did, changed it back to what you had in the first place and avoided it altogether.

Instead, the course of action you took just made me, well, pissed and, regrettably, not change it back to what it should have rightfully been: your title. I guess the heat of the moment got to me and I stood my ground.

Again, my apologies to you and the forum for changing the thread's title to something I thought wouldn't make a difference and for overstepping my bounds.

Comment

I guess I missed it.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Wait a minute, a moderator who admits he was wrong and apologizes. I feel dizzy and feverish all of a sudden, I'm not used to this kind of personal responsibility. Honestly 007, my opinion of you just got higher.
            "They misunderestimated me."
            Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
            -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Careful now, Double-Oh's just trying to Sun Tzu yer asses!

Moderators and Forum Members just don't mix, it ain't natural!

Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 23 2004, 02:44 AM
                MG (and the forum)--

I apologize to you as well. I usually don't get that carried away, but when I saw the title of the thread changed, I got caught up in the heat of the moment as well.

Unfortunately, I can't take back mean things I said, but I can truly say it was more my anger talking than my brain or my heart.

Mr. G

Comment

Now kiss and make up you fucking poofs
                  Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goalie+Mar 23 2004, 10:24 AM-->
                    QUOTE (Mr. Goalie @ Mar 23 2004, 10:24 AM)

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 23 2004, 10:25 AM
                    Now kiss and make up you fucking poofs

Mr. G

Comment

After reading all of that shit, I side with 007.

What he did was fine.

G didnt have a link, and 007 did what he does with class.

G just cussed him out and called him by his real name several times. Talk about below the belt.
                      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 23 2004, 10:28 AM

What he did was fine.

G just cussed him out and called him by his real name several times. Talk about below the belt.
                        brown nosing at it's finest.

guess who's the mod's favourite poster?

by the well, i spelled favorite like that because you are a poof.
                        Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 23 2004, 08:28 AM

What he did was fine.

Nah, he never called him by his real name. He called him "James" (as in Bond) and 007's real name is not James (or Jim or Jimmy or Jamie).

007, glad you made this post and that you admitted your mistake. As I told you last night, I don't believe it is right for moderators to change the title of someone else's thread, and I'm glad you've come to realize that.

Comment

Comment

• Working...
                              X