26 Straight Hockey State Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 Straight Hockey State Championships

Mount St, Charles Academy, winners of 26 consecutive Rhode Island state hockey championships, finally had their streak snapped this weekend after being swept in a best of 3 series by Toll Gate High School, one of only 2 public schools in RI's elite division. I hate the school, and in many ways think the streak is a fraud, but it's still impressive. It's the only American high school to produce 2 #1 overall draft picks, Brian Lawton and Brian Berard; and other alumi in the NHL include Brian Boucher, Jeff Jillson, and Matthiu Schneider.
    Official Lounge Sponsor:
    Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
    The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
    Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Phew.

For a second I thought this was a Blues thread
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by Lippa@Mar 22 2004, 07:08 PM
      Mount St, Charles Academy, winners of 26 consecutive Rhode Island state hockey championships, finally had their streak snapped this weekend after being swept in a best of 3 series by Toll Gate High School, one of only 2 public schools in RI's elite division. I hate the school, and in many ways think the streak is a fraud, but it's still impressive. It's the only American high school to produce 2 #1 overall draft picks, Brian Lawton and Brian Berard; and other alumi in the NHL include Brian Boucher, Jeff Jillson, and Matthiu Schneider.
      Why do you hate them and in what ways is the streak is a fraud?

Speaking of Brian Lawton, does anyone remember how he took the number 98 because he was almost as good as Gretzky?

Comment

Spent a few years in Rhode Island. Any average basketball, baseball, hockey, or any other sports team from the State of Missouri would dominate there.
        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Mar 22 2004, 09:30 PM
          Spent a few years in Rhode Island. Any average basketball, baseball, hockey, or any other sports team from the State of Missouri would dominate there.
          Of course, the smallness of that state prolly only allows for what, two regional/sectional sites?
          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I would be shocked if the best Missouri high school hockey team could come anywhere close to dominating high school hockey in Rhode Island.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar+Mar 22 2004, 09:23 PM-->
              QUOTE (devaskar @ Mar 22 2004, 09:23 PM)

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Mar 22 2004, 09:30 PM
              You're right about baseball and basketball, but I'd be willing to be just about anything that the top high school teams in Missouri would probably be afterthoughts in Rhode Island's top hockey division.
              Official Lounge Sponsor:
              Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
              The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
              Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

• Working...
                X