X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheney Interview on the Rush Limbaugh Show

Transcript is right here

Mr. G

Damn, I'm surprised it took Rush as long as five questions to finally blame the media.
    June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan@Mar 22 2004, 01:28 PM
      Damn, I'm surprised it took Rush as long as five questions to finally blame the media.
      He wasn't on his "pills" today.

Comment

Great interview. Enjoyed it.

As Mr. T said in Rocky 3 in response to the question "What do you forecast for Rocky for the fight today, Mr T?"

"PAIN". For liberals.

Comment

Fucking Conservative media.

Comment

You mean "medicine".
            His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
            Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Its absoultely great, no?

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 22 2004, 01:34 PM
                You mean "medicine".
                Yeah, that's it. B)

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Card@Mar 22 2004, 01:35 PM
                  Its absoultely great, no?
                  I thought a Conservative media didn't exist.

Comment

Rush is a fuckin putz...

Cheney seemed calm and confident as always.
                    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Just scanning it now. This caught my eye:

The author of this book is associated with Kerry's foreign policy advisor up at the Kennedy school. You've got a Bob Woodward book that's coming in a few weeks from the same publisher. Despite all of these attacks, and by the way, I actually think Mr. Vice President if you'll permit me an editorial comment here, you have the Clinton administration, if they defended the country as eagerly and with as much fervor as they are attempting to defend themselves in all this, we might have -- I don't expect you to comment -- we might have escaped some of the attacks that we've had. But with this frontal assault, the president's poll numbers remain up, the administration remains focused, they haven't taken you off your game. What effect, both in a governing sense and in a political sense, is this full frontal assault having on all of you in the White House?
                      First off, glad to know that Rush has the nerve to blame the ex-president but not the sitting president for attacks. As I said, it's tough to blame one and not the other.

Secondly, he discusses Woodward's book as if he didn't read the first one, which essentially should be handed out at Bush's campaign stops. It makes Bush seem like Abraham Lincoln handling the Civil War.
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I thought a Conservative media didn't exist.
                        That is crazy. Its about 1/10th the size of the liberal media, but its clearly out there. Just drives you nuts to hear the other side, doesn't it?

Comment

RUSH: Mr. Clarke, to get back to him for a moment, is saying actually if we would just take some more time and talk to these people, understand why they hate us, we might be able to forge some kind of peace with them.

First off ... huh? When did Clarke say that we should "talk to them"???! WTF is Rush talking about now? Stupid pills.

But then Cheney's response is amusing.

CHENEY: I think that's totally unrealistic. You know, I fundamentally disagree with his assessment both of recent history, but also in terms of how to deal with the problem. As I say, he was head of counterterrorism for several years there in the nineties, and I didn't notice that they had any great success dealing with the terrorist threat. I think what we've done since going into Afghanistan, taking down the Taliban, closing the camps, killing Al-Qaeda, wrapping up a siginificant percentage of the total leadership of Al-Qaeda, that's an effective policy.

Mr. Richard A. Clarke was appointed by President Clinton as the first National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism in May 1998. As National Coordinator, he reports to the President through the National Security Advisor, and, when the NSC Principles Committee meets on security issues, he serves as a full member of that Cabinet-level committee. Richard Clarke is a career member of the Senior Executive Service, having begun his federal service in 1973 in the Office of the Secretary of Defense as an analyst on nuclear weapons and European security issues. He joined the State Department in 1979 as the senior analyst for the NATO decision to engage in theater nuclear arms control and to deploy nuclear cruise missiles in Europe. In the Reagan Administration, Mr. Clarke was the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Intelligence. In the Bush Administration, he as the Assistant Secretary of State for Politico-Military Affairs. In 1992, Mr. Clarke joined the National Security Council staff.

Yeah, Dick, you worked with the guy, you dipshit. If he sucked so bad, why didn't you fire him back in the late 80s early 90s?

What an effing azz.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

The guy who is a dunce is the guy who put that putz Clarke in charge of counter-terrorism.

That was ol Slickmeister. Nice job big Billy.

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Card@Mar 22 2004, 01:48 PM
                              The guy who is a dunce is the guy who put that putz Clarke in charge of counter-terrorism.

That was ol Slickmeister. Nice job big Billy.
                              Yes but not all those GOP folks who kept rewarding him. Good one, arch, glad to see we can take your commentary with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:
                              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Working...
                              X