Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubby Injuries Starting to Pile Up

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sport...spt-cub22.html

The season hasn't even started and we're seeing a bit of panic already in Cubbie-land.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Alou?

Injured?

Is this a full moon?
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

See what happens when you fuck up getting rid of a curse.

They should have also blown up the goat.

Comment

good...now if the injury fairy can visit Houston...
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Because of foolish optimism this surprises me.

This is why you don't get excited about the Cubs. :(
          Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Yes, 4ever.

Sorry to hear you're sad and everything, but I don't mind when the cubs suck and stuff.
            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Has anyone else heard about Kerry Wood's life threatening ingrown toenail?
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

This does suck, but they have depth and if they were any other team this wouldn't be that big a deal.

As far as Wood's toenail goes, I am more worried about that dime sized hole in his heart they found a few years ago.
                Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever@Mar 22 2004, 02:19 PM
                  Because of foolish optimism this surprises me.

This is why you don't get excited about the Cubs. :(
                  Gammons saying we'd go to the series last night is a deathblow to Cub fan hopes everywhere. :(

I'm not panicking quite yet though. I'm at least going to wait until the season starts for that. 2 Cub injuries isn't exactly piling up, either.....

I have no problem with the Cubs giving Prior as much time as he needs, even if it carries into the start of the season.

Comment

2 missed Prior starts (seems to be the general view) and a Mo Alou bruised shin isn't bad, but this seems to be an omen, even though I don't believe in such things.

With Mitre/Cruz/Guzman in the wings, this might not hurt as bad as for some other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by bcruise+Mar 22 2004, 02:27 PM-->
                      QUOTE (bcruise @ Mar 22 2004, 02:27 PM)

Originally posted by dhaab+Mar 22 2004, 02:56 PM-->
                      QUOTE (dhaab @ Mar 22 2004, 02:56 PM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2004, 02:27 PM
                      Working...
                      X