ILLINI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINI!

I know that NCAA basketball isn't a hot topic around these parts, but Illinois has a chance to do something special this week if they can beat Duke. They don't have anyone to match up with Shelden Williams, but Duke doesn't have 3 great guards like ours. Duhon is awsome, but his scoring potential isn't very high. Reddick can shoot, but he's very beatable on the dribble. Deng scares me too, but he's awfully young. Call me crazy, but I like our chances.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Brown and Williams are the anti-Mizzou players. I salivate every time I watch good guard play.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

NO ONE could beat ILLINOIS on Sunday.

They played a perfect ball game. There isnt one team that could match them.

That was perhaps the best game I have ever seen an Illinois team play. Ever. They were lights out.

However, I dont know that they can duplicate that. I hope they can, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Duke will likely win by 20.
      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I too predict a very large Duke win.

Comment

Way to go out on a limb, Blue.

If Alabama can beat Stanford, Illinois can certainly beat Duke.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I think it's a winnable game for Illinois, but I fear they MIGHT have peaked too early. I don't know that they could have been outplayed, outfoxed or outcoached yesterday, but I can't say for sure that they can win this next game. It WILL be tough.

Don't they only have one Senior?

They'll be back.
            Are you on the list?

Comment

Shit.

Another case of the Slu fans talking about "winnable" games.

That means they'll get blown out of the arena.

Comment

They have no seniors of consequence.
                When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I dont see how any team can "peak too soon" at this time of year. If they had lost yesterday, you would have said they never "peaked"

I've never heard of a team peaking too soon and being playing for a chance to be in the elite 8.

Comment

man, i can't believe i picked stupid Cincy to win that game.

it has always been a rule of thumb for me to pick cincy to get upset in the first or second round. mainly, because it always happens

stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid!!!!
                    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 22 2004, 10:23 AM
                      man, i can't believe i picked stupid Cincy to win that game.

it has always been a rule of thumb for me to pick cincy to get upset in the first or second round. mainly, because it always happens

stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid!!!!
                      I know a ton of people that did that.

Dont be so hard on yourself, somethng had to give.

Illinois usually chokes it away in that round and gets sent packing.

One of these teams had to move on.

Glad it was the classy and respectable team.

Glad those mother fucking thugs are on their way to class today with their heads in the sand.

Comment

Glad those mother fucking thugs are on their way to class today with their heads in the sand.

At the beginning of the game they showed the pictures of the Cinci starting "gang of five".........I commented to my nephew.........."They must have edited out the numbers at the bottom of the pics"...........A couple of those pics had to come from mugshot books...............
                        AKA reddevil
                        AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Bobby Huggins has the easiest recruiting job of any coach in America.

All he has to do is go to the Ohio Penitentiary in Columbus and talk to a few parole officers and bam, he gets those fucks a uniform.

The only qualification that you must have to play his style is to be a thug.

Plain and simple.

Wonder why he will never win anything in his life?

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 22 2004, 10:26 AM
                            Glad those mother fucking thugs are on their way to class
                            You must not be talking about the Cincinnati University that plays basketball....

Comment

I didnt say it was Marine Biology.

It's prolly extortion 101

Comment

Working...
                              X