No announcement yet.

CPSAN broadcasting Kerry Anti-War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better Tivo it. FX is running a classic episode of cops where some patrolmen run down and beat a Rabbi.
    Are you on the list?

Comment

Anti war testimony wouldn't haunt me.

I would be, and he should be PROUD to have spoken up to save other Americans lives.
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

His speculation on what the North Vietnamese would do following our withdrawal was just as wrongheaded as his positions are today.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Who's haunted?

Kerry served his country, then came home and stood up for what he believed.

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523@Mar 21 2004, 09:25 PM
            Who's haunted?

Kerry served his country, then came home and stood up for what he believed.
            he stood up for what would get him elected.

His beliefs don't enter into the equation.
            Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze+Mar 22 2004, 10:03 AM-->
              QUOTE (lazydaze @ Mar 22 2004, 10:03 AM)

Originally posted by lazydaze+Mar 22 2004, 10:03 AM-->
              QUOTE (lazydaze @ Mar 22 2004, 10:03 AM)

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Mar 22 2004, 10:05 AM-->
              QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Mar 22 2004, 10:05 AM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2004, 10:03 AM

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 22 2004, 10:06 AM
              no, he got an early out to work for a politician, then set his own election bid in process.
              I'll admit that I don't know much about his background beyond what is covered here and the press. Can you provide a link to this info, or can someone back up this claim? Just out of curiousity. I've always been under the impression that he served his time in country and came back with his anti-war stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Mar 22 2004, 10:09 AM-->
                QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Mar 22 2004, 10:09 AM)

Kerry

for what it is worth. there is apart 1 and 2 that gives a prelude. Link on the page.

Comment

Lazy,

Thanks for link so I could read it for myself. While your statement may not be false, it's extremely misleading. You could have made a great politian yourself.

April 28, 1971, 4:33 p.m. President Richard M. Nixon takes a call from his counsel, Charles Colson.

"This fellow Kerry that they had on last week," Colson tells the president, referring to a television appearance by John F. Kerry, a leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War.

"Yeah," Nixon responds.

"He turns out to be really quite a phony," Colson says.

"Well, he is sort of a phony, isn't he?" Nixon says.

Yes, Colson says in a gossiping vein, telling the president that Kerry stayed at the home of a Georgetown socialite while other protesters slept on the mall.

"He was in Vietnam a total of four months," Colson scoffs, without mentioning that Kerry earned three Purple Hearts, a Silver Star, and a Bronze Star, and had also been on an earlier tour. "He's politically ambitious and just looking for an issue."

"Yeah."

"He came back a hawk and became a dove when he saw the political opportunities," Colson says.

"Sure," Nixon responds. "Well, anyway, keep the faith."

John Kerry returned from Vietnam in April 1969, having won early transfer out of the conflict because of his three Purple Hearts. He asked for a cushy assignment - service as an admiral's aide - and was given precisely that job in Brooklyn. Kerry had thought about running for public office long before he had gone to Vietnam. But when he returned from the war, he wasn't greeted as a hero, like the soldiers of his father's generation. Kerry found that being a veteran could be a drawback, especially in Eastern Massachusetts, where he hoped to run for the US House.

On Jan. 3, 1970, Kerry requested that his superior, Rear Admiral Walter F. Schlech, Jr., grant him an early discharge so that he could run for Congress on an antiwar platform.

"I just said to the admiral: `I've got to get out. I've got to go do what I came back here to do, which is, end this thing,'" Kerry recalled, referring to the war. The request was approved, and Kerry was honorably discharged, which he said shaved six months from his commitment.

Comment

You really shouldn't call names Gonzo especailly mean spirited ones.

Well, Obviously I was not around during that time. Well, maybe a few years. All I hav is what I read.
                    But every gets to formulate their own opinions. What I was trying to bring to light was that his antiwar crusade did not begin until he decided to run for office.

Whether he believed it previously or not is unverifiable.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 22 2004, 10:25 AM

Whether he believed it previously or not is unverifiable.
                      I'll agree with that. No offense meant lazy. And don't take the following personally, it's just a generalization.

I'm just sick of politians on both sides, as well as their supporters spinning things so far out of wack that the average joe has to do some real digging to find out the truth, and unfortunately most never do. In this age of info at our finger tips, we can barely trust the news organizations to present information without some type of bias.

Comment

• Working...
                        X