Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you had a Commodore 64 or 128?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you had a Commodore 64 or 128?

My first computer was a 64, and later upgraded to a 128.

Does anyone know if you can find Summer Games I & II, Winter Games, World Games, or California Games anywhere?

I believe they were made by Epyx, which I don't think is still in business.

I did some Googling on this awhile back, and found some info that led me to believe they could be gotten for free somehow since the company was no longer in business.

I believe you had to download a Commodore emulator, though, and I couldn't ever get it to work (and I haven't used BASIC commands in eons).

Anyway, if anyone has any info, feel free to post it.
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Man does that bring back memories. I had a 64, and had all of those games. I'll search for an emulator for those. I already have a Nintendo 64 emulator on my PC and play RBI Baseball all the time. never thought about a 64 emulator.

Comment

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW@Mar 21 2004, 12:19 PM
      Does anyone know if you can find Summer Games I & II, Winter Games, World Games, or California Games anywhere?
      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote+Mar 21 2004, 12:32 PM-->
        QUOTE (pgrote @ Mar 21 2004, 12:32 PM)

Chazz,

I found a site called Gamebase 64, and I think they have the emulator(s), but I have no clue as to which one to download, or where to go from there.
        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Amiga.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW+Mar 21 2004, 12:36 PM-->
            QUOTE (_STLfan_in_DFW @ Mar 21 2004, 12:36 PM)
            Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 12:32 PM

Sure. Be a wiseass about it.

I guess that would have been a good place to start, huh?

Thanks Grote.

Comment

shit, you know you can find these in the Smithsonian (American History).
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott
              Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
              5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW@Mar 21 2004, 12:49 PM
                Sure. Be a wiseass about it.
                I knew you'd get the joke.

They have everything you can imagine there. Grab an emulator and start having fun!

Comment

I had a Commodore 64 also when I was in high school. I played the hell out of Micro League Baseball with my buddies. We'd draft teams and play them against one another. I also had Winter Games and that was fun also. Later on, I had Lance Heffner Baseball, which was a statistically accurate game, but didnt have graphics. I loved making up teams and playing them with Heffner also.
                  “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

I still have my commodore and still have several of the games including Summer and winter games. Spy Hunter was my favorite.

Comment

you can find any emulator in filesharing clients, like Kazaa. sharers normally package the emulator with a zillion games, too.
                      Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

I had a Commodore 64 when I was a kid. It's funny this thread just popped up. When my dad was recently cleaning out his office, he found a sheet comparing various computers you could buy at the time. It was from Children's Palace believe it or not.

It compared the TI 99/4A, the Vic-20, the 64, Atari 400, Atari 800, and the Mattel Aquarius. This was from 1983 I believe.

All but the TI had 8-bit processors (the TI had 16). The 64 had the most RAM (the Atari 400 only had 16K). And believe it or not they all supported lower case letters.

The 64 made 4 programming languages available: Basic, Logo, Pilot, Simon's Basic. The TI and the Ataris supported Assembler and Pascal.

We've come a long way in 20 years.
                        "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

I WISH my first computer was the Commodore 64. We had the piece of shit Commodore Vic 20 with the cassette tape drive. Can you imagine that shit - having to save files over your parents' old Jerry Vale tapes? Took about an hour to save a 50 line program you just wrote in Basic. That's gotta be child abuse.

Moon

Comment

• Working...
                            X