The fun of driving through Southern Missourah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fun of driving through Southern Missourah

1) When you enter Missouri from Oklahoma, WHY have they started posting mile markers for every .2 MILES?!?!!

It borders on insanity. At one point in the road, I could see five different mile markers up ahead. It stops at about mile 12, there are no mile markers for 6 miles, and thankfully, the regular mile markers -- i.e. markers every mile resume. But WHY? I hope someone can explain this to me, and if it's for drivers assistance, that's just wrong. Missouri lazy asses can walk themselves to the nearest MILE marker.

2) Marshfield, Missouri. Has anyone stopped to see the "world-famous" Hubble telescope exhibit, i.e. an aluminum tin can with screen doors attached? HAHAHAHA We actually went into the town hall, Marshfield predicted they would get "30,000 visitors" from that "exhibit."

I think we were the only people ever to actually go in the town hall and ask about the exhibit. We also were the only ones to be blasting Snoop Dogg through the little berg. Fun times in the MF.

3) Molly's Amish Furniture??! WTF?! Do fireworks and AMISH FURNITURE go together? Wouldn't that be explosive somehow? Did Molly meet with investors, and say we're diversifying into the fast-growing field of Amish furniture? Has anyone ever been in there?

Caught some Syberg's pizza for the flight home..life is good..
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Maybe the extra mile markers are there to remind drivers more often that yes, you are indeed getting further the hell away from Oklahoma - and Kansas, which is only a mile or so north of I-44 when you first enter Missouri.

The Exotic Animal Park, near Marshfield, is the tourist attraction you want to see. Nothing like a giraffe ambling over to your car and sticking his neck into your window and slobbering all over you and the car so you can feed him some of the animal food that you can buy at the gate.

There is a fairly sizeable Amish population in that part of the state.
    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

I avoid that area at all costs. Now you know why
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy@Mar 21 2004, 02:30 PM
        I avoid that area at all costs. Now you know why
        Damn

Guppy King of Avatars.
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Working...
        X