Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kentucky Derby

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kentucky Derby

    Kev,

    I've been to the derby a few times. I lived in Louisville for about a year, and it consumes the whole town. The atmosphere really depends on whether you'll be in the stands, or the infield. They are two different worlds. The stands are quite civilized and you can enjoy the races and excitment of other bettors. The infield, is well, insane. Flashing girlies and beer are the main attractions there. It's a huge party, with most oblivious of the races, except for the one that counts. I went to the infield two years and opted for the stands the next. Seats are pricey and hard to come by from what I hear. We had a friend who let us use his.

    If you do go, no matter which atmosphere you choose, you must do a few things. If you have girlies going with you, they must wear some god awful hat. Not sure why, but that's the way it is. Hang out by the paddocks and greet the jockeys and the horses. And without a doubt, have at least one Mint Julep, they are devine.

    Oh yeah, and parking sucks ass. You're better off paying some redneck $20 to park in his yard. You'll thank me when it's time to leave.

  • #2
    I'd like to go ONCE.

    As a sports fan I want to go to a superbowl, world series, cup final, ect...
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 20 2004, 09:41 PM
      I'd like to go ONCE.

      As a sports fan I want to go to a superbowl, world series, cup final, ect...
      yaks,

      Plan next year's trip now. Seriously. It's one of the most exciting venues I've ever been to. I highly encourage everyone to go at least once just for the experience, even if you hate horse racing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Is the flashing chicks in the infield a tradition?

        I highly doubt that they did that shit way back when.....
        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Mar 20 2004, 10:40 PM
          Oh yeah, and parking sucks ass. You're better off paying some redneck $20 to park in his yard. You'll thank me when it's time to leave.
          No kidding...learned that for the second time we went.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 20 2004, 09:46 PM
            Is the flashing chicks in the infield a tradition?

            I highly doubt that they did that shit way back when.....
            Liqoured up southerners will surprise you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 210+Mar 20 2004, 09:46 PM-->
              QUOTE (210 @ Mar 20 2004, 09:46 PM)

            • #8
              I stay at a friend's house when I'm down for Derby Week...all other times of the year I'm in a motel, but the cost that week is OMG!!!!

              the Dog

              Dat's right!

              Official Lounge Dog
              Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
              Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by Rdog3933@Mar 20 2004, 09:54 PM
                I stay at a friend's house when I'm down for Derby Week...all other times of the year I'm in a motel, but the cost that week is OMG!!!!

                the Dog
                Yep, and you seriously have to book it about a year in advance.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Seems like an awful big fuss for something that lasts only 2 minutes

                  Sounds like I am talking about most of you guys' sex life.
                  Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 20 2004, 09:58 PM
                    Seems like an awful big fuss for something that lasts only 2 minutes

                    Sounds like I am talking about most of you guys' sex life.
                    You can make it last that long??? YOU DA MAN!!!! :rolleyes:

                    the Dog

                    Dat's right!

                    Official Lounge Dog
                    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 20 2004, 09:58 PM
                      Seems like an awful big fuss for something that lasts only 2 minutes

                      Sounds like I am talking about most of you guys' sex life.
                      Well, I guess those that don't have one, need to talk about others'

                      It's a whole day of racing. It's really a great time.

                      Also, go to the Oaks which is the Friday before derby. It's alot of fun too and really lets you enjoy the races.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Rdog3933+Mar 20 2004, 09:59 PM-->
                        QUOTE (Rdog3933 @ Mar 20 2004, 09:59 PM)

                      • #14
                        Liqoured up southerners will surprise you.
                        Isn't that why there needed to be a new thread?
                        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty+Mar 20 2004, 11:01 PM-->
                          QUOTE (GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Mar 20 2004, 11:01 PM)
                          Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 09:59 PM
                          Working...
                          X