P-D on Cardinals bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-D on Cardinals bullpen

Mike Lincoln has not allowed a run in Spring Training.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...ds'+bullpen

Would the PD tell us if the pen sucked?
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Fine. Then just look at how they've done in the spring. The answer is, quite well.

Comment

What did the PD say about them last year?
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

MIKE LINCOLN! I'm a good sponsor! (More than I can say about my man 007. How's Steve Cox doing these days?)

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 20 2004, 11:19 PM
            MIKE LINCOLN! I'm a good sponsor! (More than I can say about my man 007. How's Steve Cox doing these days?)
            Hopefully, he's bagging SOMETHING!!!!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/springStats?...pitch&year=2004

Lincoln, Calero and Kline haven't given up an earned run. Simo has given up one, Tavarez two. The only players likely to make the pen who have a spring ERA higher than 3.60 are King and Eldred. Spring stats are only worth so much, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 20 2004, 11:18 PM
                What did the PD say about them last year?
                As I recall the Post was pretty pessimistic. As most of us were.

I'm more optimistic about the bullpen this year.

However, on paper, the starters pale next to the Cubs and Stros.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I rely on career averages more than I do spring training stats.

Woody was horrible last year in Spring Training, and then lights out once the games started counting.

I expect that the bullpen will be better this year - it couldnt have been any worse - but not any better than average.

Of course, an average bullpen last year, and we make the playoffs.

If anything serious happens to one or two or more of the Big Seven (Pujols, Renteria, Rolen, Woody, Morris, Izzy, Edmonds), this team is doomed.

If they all stay healthy and do like they should, and we get a surprise big year out of someone like Suppan, Carpenter, Marquis, Sanders, Anderson, etc., then we have a shot at winning the division.
                  “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Working...
                  X