X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damtoft
    replied
    JD,

Lots of guys to round up after the last 20 years of largely ignoring them.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Daniels
    replied
    Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 20 2004, 11:32 PM
    Another one bites the dust.

For you libbies keeping score, justice is being served in multiple venues.
    For the record, I'm not a liberal, nor am I a conservative.

Leave a comment:

• WinstonSmith
    replied
    Perhaps this warrants its own thread, but I'm curious what some others think.....

Is the CIA inept, really, or do they just want to portray that image bcause when you look inept, the people aren't afraid of your powers?

Personally, I've always thought that the CIA was pretty damn effective, but that we never hear about their successes because they keep them under wraps. That if the public -- the world -- were to find these things out, there would be a lot more oversight.

Leave a comment:

• lazydaze
    replied
    Who said the intelligence community sucks?

Leave a comment:

• madyaks
    replied
    So on one hand the intelligence community sucks and they misled the president into thinking there were WMD, or it's they are great, we are a team and under my direction they have gotten yet another bomber?

Distance yourself sometimes, and give them credit others.

Hmmmm

Leave a comment:

• Damtoft
    replied
    Neither is he.

Leave a comment:

• lazydaze
    replied
    not sure what you are implying?

Leave a comment:

• dv6y
    replied
    Better late than never.

One official scheduled to testify, Richard A. Clarke, who was President Bill Clinton's counterterrorism coordinator, said in an interview that the warning about the Qaeda threat could not have been made more bluntly to the incoming Bush officials in intelligence briefings that he led.

At the time of the briefings, there was extensive evidence tying Al Qaeda to the bombing in Yemen two months earlier of an American warship, the Cole, in which 17 sailors were killed.

"It was very explicit," Mr. Clarke said of the warning given to the Bush administration officials. "Rice was briefed, and Hadley was briefed, and Zelikow sat in." Mr. Clarke served as Mr. Bush's counterterrorism chief in the early months of the administration, but after Sept. 11 was given a more limited portfolio as the president's cyberterrorism adviser.

Leave a comment:

• Damtoft
    replied
    Another one bites the dust.

For you libbies keeping score, justice is being served in multiple venues.

Leave a comment:

• lazydaze
    started a topic Yemen arrests suspect in Cole bombing

Yemen arrests suspect in Cole bombing

Ministry sources identified the Cole bombing suspect as Samir Abdullah Mohammed Ballaki. The sources would not identify the other man.
Working...
X