Thousands cheer as Bush mocks Kerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lazy,

I don't care if it's a crowd cheering for Bush or Kerry, they're all hand picked robots.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

well then we have some 6 million of them
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 20 2004, 08:22 PM
        lazy,

I don't care if it's a crowd cheering for Bush or Kerry, they're all hand picked robots.
        HAHAHAHA
        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Kev,

Can you explain why libertarian votes have trended down since 1980?
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Kev does have a point. The real story would be if he was booed.

I can't wait until we get into full election campaigning and all the lovely placards from people . My personal favorite from the last election was 'I'm voting Bush because Gays already have too many rights'.

Comment

People who aren't Bush loyalists might wonder why Dubya feels compelled to attack Kerry at all, much less eight months b/f the election. Presidents who are secure in their re-election prospects don't do such things.

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523@Mar 21 2004, 12:24 AM
                People who aren't Bush loyalists might wonder why Dubya feels compelled to attack Kerry at all, much less eight months b/f the election. Presidents who are secure in their re-election prospects don't do such things.
                Presidents who are secure in their re-election prospects aren't even campaigning yet, much less slinging shit to see if they can get any to stick.

Bush makes a speech in front of a hand selected group of supporters and they cheer him?? You're kidding. :rolleyes:

Gee, thanks for the news flash.

Mr. G

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 20 2004, 11:39 PM
                  Kev,

Can you explain why libertarian votes have trended down since 1980?
                  I firmly believe it has to do with the attention span of the American people. Instead of taking the time to read about ALL the candidates vying for an office, most people would rathet shape their opinions by the 30 second sound bites, a newspapaer story, what Rush or Franken has to say, and the 30 second ad campaings. And since the Dems and Reps have a stranglehold on the media outlets, the American public is following in lockstep.

Comment

The strategy that the Republicans have apparently chosen for this campaign is to characterize all Democratic platforms as nothing more than "anger." Bush is quoted calling Kerry angry, and I was listening to the Hannity show (nothing else was on the radio the other day and I had a long drive), and he called every Democrat who called in "angry."
                    June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Tallahasee,

I would never make a sweeping distinction like that, however, Many people seem to be both hostile and spitful in the poltical arena today. Both stripes.

Our political landscape has ceased to be about representing and governing, and has become a high stakes blood sport.

Comment

Daze,

What strikes me as ironic, is how the rank and file democrat or republican who feels moved to anger at the other party, is really not being truly represented by their own. IMO, the hierarchy of both parties cater to a select group of high rolling special interest groups (trial lawyers, union bosses, NRA, Hollywood, Christian Right) who have very little connection with the average Joe/Jane who lend their support to them.

Comment

that is accurate Kev.

IMO, It is because we focus on federal elections because of the size and scope of current governemnt.

The real inroads towards limited but representitive governement is much more possible and accountable at the local level.

We must build bench strength within the "independant" ranks. That will allow future representitves to be indoctrinated with responsibility to the constituency.

Comment

I'm drawing the conclusion because I heard it so often during the Hannity show (and now it appears in Bush's speeches) that it occurred to me that it had to be part of a planned strategy. I think Hannity is a trial balloon for many Republican strategies - it you've listened to his show, you know that you can't go five minutes without hearing that Kerry is more liberal than Teddy K and was "on the wrong side of history" with regard to voting on twenty something defense systems - and he kept saying over and over to his listeners: "Listen to the anger in [the caller's] voice."

But, as Dennis Miller often used to say, I could be wrong.
                            June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523@Mar 21 2004, 12:24 AM
                              You have to be kidding. Surely, you are.

The irony would be far too thick if you weren't.
                              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Working...
                              X