Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals Cuts

When will Greg Vaughn be sent packing?

I think Mo Vaughn could put more balls in play.

Carpenter got his ass handed to him today.

When will Emil Brown be cut? TLR doesnt like him, thats clear as day.

His average be damned, he wont make this team.

Who else will get cut?
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

What , no Emil.

Sorry sparrow, I got a better source than you. I'll wait to hear it from them.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Please let's lose Vaughn. Please.
      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Cg, I need your take on Emil.

please

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 19 2004, 07:06 PM
          What , no Emil.

Sorry sparrow, I got a better source than you. I'll wait to hear it from them.
          Fuck you then.

Go ask your other source, cock gobbler.

TLR doesnt like him.

Not sure TLR takes a guy he doesnt like that is borderline anyway........
          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Not sure TLR takes a guy he doesnt like that is borderline anyway........

Uhhh....then who plays left field? Doesn't "borderline" compliment them all?

cock gobbler, nice......fuckin fluffer.

Comment

How is it clear? Did Tony say he didn't like him?
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Emil looks you straight in the eye when he talks to you. If you know his name and wish him well, he gets a bit of a startled look about him. He looks like a quiet guy, but that's to be expected.

At the practice fields, what I found odd, and I took pics of it...was that Oquendo was teaching him how to take grounders. It was a little like baseball 101, if I heard everything correctly. Emil was able to apply the trap the ball in your glove thing, but what he had trouble with was keeping his glove straight on the ground so that the ball had a clear path to the palm of the glove. (Emil said a couple times "oh I had it to the side again, didn't I?" and then would smile sheepishly)

I really don't get it. Or maybe I do. The basics need to be reminded?

At first Oquendo was tossing grounders to him from about 5 feet away and then soon was tossing from about 10 feet away.

I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to his ab's...I think that's cos there was only one and that was on my last day where I didn't have choice seats (I was standing on the bleacher side watching...I believe he might have gotten a hit or maybe just flyed out...can't remember).

Having seen so few practices in comparison to how many actually go on, I really don't know what to make of what I saw.

I know it's stupid, but these things come back to me slowly as I look through the pics I took.

I am pulling for the guy.

Comment

oh and Vaughn didn't get cut.

But neither did Brown.

Why the hell wasn't Vaughn cut? I saw him. He sucks worse than his stats suggest.

Mabry, Gall and Porter were cut, I believe.

Comment

Roster is Trimmed

The Cardinals subtracted six names from their clubhouse Friday afternoon, optioning five players and reassigning a sixth who hoped to earn a third go-round with the team.

La Russa notified nonroster utility player John Mabry of his reassignment to minor-league camp after Friday's game. Thought a candidate for a lefthanded bench role, Mabry was considering asking for his release.

Pitchers Adam Wainwright, Chris Narveson and Rhett Parrott, first baseman John Gall and outfielder Colin Porter were optioned. All except Narveson are expected to end up with Class AAA Memphis; Narveson may start at Class AA Tennessee or Memphis.
                    Source

It's not looking good for my man Hector. He started at 2nd yesterday, and sounded like he did OK with 2 hits. Of course we know what that means since he is young and playing better. TLR will send him back to Cleveland ASAP.

Comment

Brown is hitting .400 so far, so maybe he stays a bit longer.

Gall hit .333, but all nine of his hits were singles. I thought he deserved a longer look than Greg Vaughn and his .120 average though...

Link to Cards Spring Training hitting stats...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/springStats?...e=bat&year=2004
                      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Luna will stick with the Cardinals..

I think him getting a look at 2B pretty much confirms this...middle infielders with pop in their bat..especially cheap ones are hard to find..

Larussa likes guys off the bench who can play multiple positions..and as far as I know we don't have a backup for Renteria although I haven't been following srping training as closely as I usually do..

BTW can anyone give some background on Emil Brown..

Comment

Working...
                        X