Scary Shit concerning Spyware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Shit concerning Spyware

OK. So a co-worker of mine was having problems getting to our network databases. The internet, company network, etc worked fine, just the SQLnet/TNS stuff. Everyone else was fine. After getting told to piss off by our wonderful DBA team, and killing ourselves trying to figure out the problem, a PC Tech guy came up, took a look at it and said, "yep, it's spyware". WTF? He ran SpyBot and killed it. Everything is back to normal. I never did get the name of if, but I'm trying to find out.

Seriously, if this shit is causing connectivity problems for business, something needs to be done. This is bullshit. I also wonder why this type of stuff is not filtered out at the company's firewall, but I digress.

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Mar 19 2004, 01:30 PM
    OK. So a co-worker of mine was having problems getting to our network databases. The internet, company network, etc worked fine, just the SQLnet/TNS stuff. Everyone else was fine. After getting told to piss off by our wonderful DBA team, and killing ourselves trying to figure out the problem, a PC Tech guy came up, took a look at it and said, "yep, it's spyware". WTF? He ran SpyBot and killed it. Everything is back to normal. I never did get the name of if, but I'm trying to find out.

Seriously, if this shit is causing connectivity problems for business, something needs to be done. This is bullshit. I also wonder why this type of stuff is not filtered out at the company's firewall, but I digress.
    we are having the same problem
    Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE+Mar 19 2004, 01:31 PM-->
      QUOTE (SLUBLUE @ Mar 19 2004, 01:31 PM)

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Mar 19 2004, 01:34 PM-->
      QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Mar 19 2004, 01:34 PM)
      Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2004, 01:31 PM

a PC Tech guy came up, took a look at it and said, "yep, it's spyware". WTF? He ran SpyBot and killed it. Everything is back to normal.
      Did he say MOVE!, was his name Nick Burns.

Comment

• Working...
        X