Trivia question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia question

Friend of mine asked me a great question that I don't know the answer to, but figure one of you geeks will. And I say geeks in the most complimentary way.

What is the lowest seeded team to ever win the NCAA tournament? In other words, has a No. 10 or 11 ever won?
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Are you on the list?

Comment

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Pretty sure it was N.C. State when Jimmy V won it....

If we can figure out what they were seeded...we can get the answer....

Then again...I know fuck-all about college hoops

Comment

I thought it might be Villanova, the year they beat Georgetown.
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Mar 19 2004, 11:23 AM
            I thought it might be Villanova, the year they beat Georgetown.
            That's what I was thinking.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

1985 Villanova.

8 seed.
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Villanova was a No. 8 seed when it won in 1985...that's the lowest seed to win.

Comment

Originally posted by 210@Mar 19 2004, 11:25 AM
                  Villanova was a No. 8 seed when it won in 1985...that's the lowest seed to win.
                  I beat you.

I'm wicked ahhsome.

Comment

Would have beat you if I didn't proofread

Comment

It was in fact Villanova, as an 8 in 1985. That was the first year the field was 64 (or 65) teams.

Kansas in 1988 and N.C. State in 1983 won as a 6.

Comment

Thank you all....I'll be ready to take on the Billy Packer Trivia Challenge tonight.
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

I think it was Villanova.

They were an 8 seed.

That's just a guess.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by 210@Mar 19 2004, 11:26 AM
                            Would have beat you if I didn't proofread
                            That's a piss-poor excuse.

You needed to proofread because you don't have a haavud education.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Mar 19 2004, 11:27 AM
                              I think it was Villanova.

They were an 8 seed.

That's just a guess.
                              IS THAT YOUR FINAL ANSWER?

Comment

Working...
                              X