McClellan Nails It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McClellan Nails It

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that if either campaign took that approach - more respect, less venom - the people would respond.

The shit needs to stop from both sides.

Damn, he really nailed it.

At first, I thought that was Scott McClellan(not sure if the spelling's the same), Pres. Bush's Press Secretary.

I would have found that hilarious.

Comment

Grote!

Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Hey, grote. Good to see you.

And also, you're right: Bill was spot-on.

Comment

Grote...where you been, man??

I was thinking of sending out a search party....but was afraid that some meniacal boss locked you in a cube and made you program code all day...

Glad you're here...well, not really...CG told me to say that to try to boost your failing ego...did it work??

Comment

Well, speaking from the left, I have to say that I think a goodly portion of us, including myself, really don't think Bush is an "honorable" man. We really do think he's unscrupulous, and we really do think he's a liar.

Beyond that, is a super-nice style of debate really that realistic? Thomas Jefferson was getting slammed in print for screwing one of his slaves 200 years ago. It's not like this is a recent development. And it's not like other countries aren't just as bad, or far worse. I saw a clip a couple of days ago from the South Korean impeachment hearings. They were brawling on the floor of their Parliament. Literally. As in, legislators tackling each other and throwing shit.

As a side note, McCain is coming as close as he can to endorsing Kerry as he can without actually doing it. Commenting about not ruling out being Kerry's VP, comments about how he doesn't think Kerry would weaken nat'l security...looks like McCain still carries a grudge from 2000.

Comment

Great article! But if everyone decided to be honest and actually focus on the issues, then the sheep will get bored...and we won't have all that BS (like the above post) to read here.

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
              Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
              Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523@Mar 19 2004, 10:55 AM
                Beyond that, is a super-nice style of debate really that realistic?
                No, but it's nice to talk about.

Comment

I like Bill.

I think it's tough to not sling mud given what we were put through with Monica Lewinsky BS and with the way Karl Rove runs campaigns.

That said, yes, someone needs to step up and just say no to this sort of thing.

Unfortunately, if they did that, they'd probably lose the election or wouldn't have gotten the nomination (McCain, Edwards).
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Mar 19 2004, 10:45 AM
                    I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that if either campaign took that approach - more respect, less venom - the people would respond.

The shit needs to stop from both sides.

Damn, he really nailed it.
                    McClellans a Cubs fan.

How spot on can he really be?
                    Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

grote........I agree with you and Bill...........

However the lefties posting in this thread are fine examples of why this will never come to fruition.............
                      AKA reddevil
                      AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by davel@Mar 19 2004, 01:06 PM

However the lefties posting in this thread are fine examples of why this will never come to fruition.............
                        It's only good and evil with them isn't it?

Comment

Both sides are guilty.
                          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Kah, I take it from your post that you're not in favor of the "more respect, less venom" option referred to in the intial post in this thread.
                            I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by davel@Mar 19 2004, 01:06 PM

Dave,

Don't lump us all together.

Comment

Working...
                              X