2nd Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Base

Is it just me, or does anybody else here wish we had Vina manning the 2nd base bag as opposed to our current options?

Hopefully the Cards can make a decent trade for a 2nd baseman, because right now, we have a huge gaping hole on the right side of the field.
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Looks like Marlon Anderson isn't cutting the mustard. :(
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

As bad as they may be, wishing for Vina is still a long way off, I would think.
      Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

not at what vina was making.
        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

At second base Vina was fine, the problem was him leading off, he was horrible.
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Check Vina's stats from last year. Awful.

Vina is no better than Anderson or Hart, and he cost a hell of a lot more. Better defensively, maybe, but not so much better that he deserves $5M (or the $3M Detroit paid him) vice the combined $900K that Anderson and Hart are getting.

Comment

Kah's right (save this one for posterity) Vina's no significant upgrade to Anderson & Hart, except defensively. None of them are a great help at that position. I'd be disappointed if they don't bring someone in to fill that role by opening day.

Comment

I don't know that Vina is even a significant defensive upgrade.....hart HAS flashed some glove.
                Are you on the list?

Comment

Vina cost too much. Yes, he's better than either Anderson or Hart, but too expensive to keep.

Comment

SLU,

Vina had the quickist pivot on the DP I've seen in a long time -- but I don't miss him or his salary.
                    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523@Mar 18 2004, 01:57 PM

Vina is no better than Anderson or Hart, and he cost a hell of a lot more. Better defensively, maybe, but not so much better that he deserves $5M (or the $3M Detroit paid him) vice the combined $900K that Anderson and Hart are getting.
                      Bingo.
                      Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523@Mar 18 2004, 01:57 PM

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 18 2004, 02:34 PM
                          SLU,

Vina had the quickist pivot on the DP I've seen in a long time -- but I don't miss him or his salary.
                          That's the way I feel about it too.

The last year might cloud some memories about Vina overall, but he was truly excellent defensively.
                          I'm always right.

Comment

The last year might cloud some memories about Vina overall, but he was truly excellent defensively.
                            You're right, Kaiser.
                            His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                            Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

I certainly wished something could have been compromised. But so much had apparently transpired personally that the situation may have always been uneasy and unsettling to numerous parties.

This club does not need any friction or opposing factions backing issues potentially detrimental to the chemistry of its personnel.

I like Hart's glove and heart...but his bat is too questionable, too suspect.
                              "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X