Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheney attacking Kerry is like ...

Meet The Press 14 Sep 2003:

Russert: Were you involved in any way in the awarding of those (Halliburton) contracts?

Cheney: Of course not, Tim. Tim, when I was Secretary of Defense, I was not involved in awarding contracts. That’s done at a far lower level. Secondly, when I ran Halliburton for five years and they were doing work for the Defense Department, which frankly they’ve been doing for 60 or 70 years, I never went near the Defense Department. I never lobbied the Defense Department on behalf of Halliburton.

Same on biological weapons—we believe he’d developed the capacity to go mobile with his BW production capability because, again, in reaction to what we had done to him in ’91. We had intelligence reporting before the war that there were at least seven of these mobile labs .....

Russert, shows a March 16 video of an earlier interview with the vice president:

Russert: And even though the International Atomic Energy Agency said he does not have a nuclear program, we disagree.

Cheney: I disagree, yes. And you’ll find the CIA, for example, and other key parts of our intelligence community, disagree. And we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons.

(Back to Sep 14 interviiew)

Russert: Reconstituted nuclear weapons. You misspoke.

Cheney: Yeah. I did misspeak.
    I said repeatedly during the show weapons capability. We never had any evidence that he had acquired a nuclear weapon.

================================================== ===

And this guy-- "Mr. Credibility", himself-- is attacking John Kerry. What a joke!
    Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Cheney: Yeah. I did misspeak. I said repeatedly during the show weapons capability. We never had any evidence that he had acquired a nuclear weapon.
    Spin!

Comment

Russert: Were you involved in any way in the awarding of those (Halliburton) contracts?

Cheney: Of course not, Tim. Tim, when I was Secretary of Defense, I was not involved in awarding contracts. That’s done at a far lower level. Secondly, when I ran Halliburton for five years and they were doing work for the Defense Department, which frankly they’ve been doing for 60 or 70 years, I never went near the Defense Department. I never lobbied the Defense Department on behalf of Halliburton.

Same on biological weapons—we believe he’d developed the capacity to go mobile with his BW production capability because, again, in reaction to what we had done to him in ’91. We had intelligence reporting before the war that there were at least seven of these mobile labs .....
      That's one hell of a topic switch.

Comment

It's all in the transcipt! And, oh so much more!

Politicians calling each other liars, etc. just cracks me up!
        Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

Working...
        X