• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate America?

JD, I don't even hate you widdle buddy.

kiss kiss

Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

What happened dred?

Were you accused of hating America because you are trying to fix it, or were you called a "blame America Firster" because you admitted that America occosionally makes mistakes?

To paraphrase Al Franken:

Conservatives love America like a child loves his mommy. And Mommy can do no wrong. Anyone who says anything bad about Mommy is evil.

Liberals love America like an adult loves someone - recognizing our mate might have some faults and taking the good with the bad and always working to appreciate what's there and being critical of what's wrong and trying to help make it better.
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 18 2004, 10:41 AM
      To paraphrase Al Franken:

Conservatives love America like a child loves his mommy. And Mommy can do no wrong. Anyone who says anything bad about Mommy is evil.
      Mommy dearest.
      Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

I like that saying so much I made it part of my signature. Very true statement.
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 18 2004, 03:13 PM
          I like that saying so much I made it part of my signature. Very true statement.
          I'm glad you like the Franken thing, Razzy, but I did paraphrase a paraphrase of it, so you might want to change your signature so that it doesn't look like a direct quote. If I can find the actual quote I'll get it to you.
          2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Trig,

Thanks, but if you cant find it, it's close enough.
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Gee, that was sure worth a new thread.

How remarkably intelligent.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 18 2004, 03:31 PM
                Trig,

Thanks, but if you cant find it, it's close enough.
                Sure, who cares if you quote someone correctly, right?
                When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Hey, it's no big deal.

Just twist a word here or there, you'll get what you want.
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 18 2004, 05:08 PM
                    Hey, it's no big deal.

Just twist a word here or there, you'll get what you want.
                    You'd know.

"
                    Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

"You see, they [conservatives] love America the way a four-year-old loves her mommy. Liberals love America like grown-ups. To a four-year-old, everything Mommy does is wonderful and anyone who criticizes Mommy is bad. Grown-up love means actually understanding what you love, taking the good with the bad, and helping your loved one grow. Love takes attention and work and is the best thing in the world." - Al Franken
                      Moon

Comment

Sure Mellanby,

Tell it to some ignorant stooge who'll believe you kid.

Comment

JD

Did you or did you not completely misrepresent something I said while we were debating the morality of the south?

Not only did you take something I said completely out of context but then you took a key word out of that quote itself, so that it fit your agenda.

You master of semantics you...

"
                          Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Mar 18 2004, 06:49 PM
                            JD

Did you or did you not completely misrepresent something I said while we were debating the morality of the south?

Not only did you take something I said completely out of context but then you took a key word out of that quote itself, so that it fit your agenda.

You master of semantics you...
                            You're about everything but one small detail.

He's hardly a master - more like a rank amateur.

We have all caught him in so many lies, distortions, mistakes, and plain-old nonsense that every statement he makes is rendered meaningless.

That's what he prefers, by the way. If he never says anything of substance, he doesn't have to defend the beliefs he has that he's afraid to admit in public.

Comment

Where is 68 RedTurd when you need him....

He's the arabtuer of determining who is and is not Anti-American...

Comment

Working...
                              X