Who Lives in Chicago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Lives in Chicago?

Know anything about the Talbott Hotel, located downtown Chicago, near The Magnificent Mile?

Nice place? Nice area?

If anyone remembers, I'm going to give my parents a gift -- a trip to see Cards and Cubs in Wrigley, and I want to make sure they're staying in a nice, safe area.

Thanks for the help.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Why hijack my thread?

I know you aren't from Chicago.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I recommend the Cabrini Green Motel 6.

They'll shoot the light out for you.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Mar 17 2004, 03:12 PM
        I recommend the Cabrini Green Motel 6.

They'll shoot the light out for you.
        LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 17 2004, 03:10 PM
          Know anything about the Talbott Hotel, located downtown Chicago, near The Magnificent Mile?

Nice place? Nice area?

If anyone remembers, I'm going to give my parents a gift -- a trip to see Cards and Cubs in Wrigley, and I want to make sure they're staying in a nice, safe area.

Thanks for the help.
          If it's within a couple of blocks of the Mag Mile, should be no problem as far as safety goes.

Don't know about this particular hotel.
          LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

DRAKE

/thread
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Winston:

I'm not familiar with the hotel itself, but the location is great. Plenty of stuff to do within a few blocks. Very, very safe.

Comment

I don't know the hotel, but the area will be fine.
                Check out these links for lots of reviews and info:

http://chicago-hotels.tripadvisor.com/Hote...o_Illinois.html

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=...=1079558987270&
                Nearby Points of Interest

Oak Street shopping – 2 blocks
                North Michigan Avenue shopping/Magnificent Mile – 3 blocks
                Historic Water Tower – 6 blocks
                American Girl Place – 6 blocks
                John Hancock Center – .5 miles
                Museum of Contemporary Art - .5 miles
                Lakefront running path – 1 mile
                Oak Street beach – 1 mile
                Tribune Tower – 1 mile
                Wrigley Building – 1 mile
                River North Gallery district – 1 mile
                Navy Pier – 1 mile
                Loop business district – 1 mile
                Merchandise Mart – 1 mile
                Lincoln Park Boat Club - 2.5 miles
                2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Winston,
                  I've lived in Chicago burbs for 8 years now. Never stayed at the Talbott, but a few people I work with say it is pretty nice. The neighborhood is fine.
                  *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

I have a friend who used to live about a block away from there.

We could pick up real live hookers right outside his lobby.

REAL HOOKERS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X