Muslim group threatens France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim group threatens France

PARIS, France (CNN) -- French police have opened an investigation after a Paris newspaper received a letter from a Muslim group threatening spectacular attacks that would make "blood run to (its) borders."

I guess they better pull their troops out of Iraq.

Thats what you get when you support the war in Iraq.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 17 2004, 10:26 AM
    PARIS, France (CNN) -- French police have opened an investigation after a Paris newspaper received a letter from a Muslim group threatening spectacular attacks that would make "blood run to (its) borders."

I guess they better pull their troops out of Iraq.

Thats what you get when you support the war in Iraq.
    I think this has more to do with bragging rights over the worst body odor than anything else. I could be wrong though.
    "They misunderestimated me."
    Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
    -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

???

The letter, from a previously unknown group calling itself the "Servants of Allah the Mighty and the Wise," said it planned to take action after Muslim girls were banned from wearing headscarves in schools.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

from early in the article, lazy, in the interest of full disclosure...

The letter, from a previously unknown group calling itself the "Servants of Allah the Mighty and the Wise," said it planned to take action after Muslim girls were banned from wearing headscarves in schools.

The bill was passed last month by the National Assembly.
        The Dude abides.

Comment

Describing France as a country of "wine, pigs, loose morals and nudity," the group said it planned to use attack techniques imported from Gaza and Chechnya that "have never been used in the West until now."
          Crop dusters spraying soap?
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

dvvvvvvy,

These aren't Mexicans posing this threat.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

"Europe is a new war zone for the Jihad," it says. "Know that our fight has only just begun."

The paper had planned not to run the letter, but did so after authorities urged them to publish it.

In it, the group mentions the September 11 terror attacks against the United States and the recent train bombings in Spain that killed 201 people.

The group claims its members are in France, "ready to give their lives" and inflict "terror into the heart of the French people."

"France will not be secure in its own country nor at its interests abroad."

The group said it was waiting for three signs before moving forward: the headscarf vote; a "clear and explicit" signal from Ayman al-Zawahiri, al Qaeda's second in command; and a third signal it cannot reveal.

You guys are so short sided.
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 17 2004, 10:35 AM
                dvvvvvvy,

These aren't Mexicans posing this threat.
                It's all fun and games till someone slams Mexicans. My wife is Mexican. Well, half Mexican anyway. Are you saying my little "taco lite" is unclean Kev? I'm shocked.
                "They misunderestimated me."
                Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Daze,

It's a law enforcement matter.

(LOL)
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Not to sound crass, but what country has *not* been threatened by a Muslim group?

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 17 2004, 10:53 AM
                      Daze,

It's a law enforcement matter.

(LOL)
                      WASHINGTON, Jan. 8 Secretary of State Colin L. Powell conceded Thursday that despite his assertions to the United Nations last year, he had no "smoking gun" proof of a link between the government of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and terrorists of Al Qaeda.

"I have not seen smoking-gun, concrete evidence about the connection," Mr. Powell said, in response to a question at a news conference. "But I think the possibility of such connections did exist, and it was prudent to consider them at the time that we did."

Mr. Powell's remarks on Thursday were a stark admission that there is no definitive evidence to back up administration statements and insinuations that Saddam Hussein had ties to Al Qaeda, the acknowledged authors of the Sept. 11 attacks. Although President Bush finally acknowledged in September that there was no known connection between Mr. Hussein and the attacks, the impression of a link in the public mind has become widely accepted and something administration officials have done little to discourage.
                      The Dude abides.

Comment

What's the point?
                        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terror.
                          The Dude abides.

Comment

Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 17 2004, 11:03 AM
                              Sure
                              No WMD. No link to 9/11.

A neocon lark with a half-trillion dollar tab.
                              The Dude abides.

Comment

Working...
                              X