KBF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KBF

No rush, no rush. Just thought I'd remind you that you lost the bet.

I had my SLU excuses all ready to go, too. Bumblebee on the floor, refs were against us, Soderberg lacks hair, etc.

Any time you get around to it is fine.
    I'm always right.

I'm going with SLUBLUE's logic....coming close is good enough. I coulda won the bet, shoulda won the bet, so I'm saying I did win the bet.

But I'd also like to say how optimistic I am about the upcoming Cardinals season. There's nothing quite as exciting as knowing that Tony LaRussa feels he has something to prove. Which could mean anything.....pitchers batting fourth, relief pitchers brought in to pinch hit, Edgar Renteria batting eighth "to give the bottom of the line-up some punch."

Cards will win NL Central in a cakewalk, then beat the Phillies in Round One and the Giants in NLCS. Then will beat the Yankees in seven games. Tony will fly a banner over St. Louis saying, "See you later, losers. I quit."

And SLU will win next year's NCAA tournament.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Get a room

poofers
      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Mar 17 2004, 10:01 AM
        Cards will win NL Central in a cakewalk, then beat the Phillies in Round One and the Giants in NLCS. Then will beat the Yankees in seven games. Tony will fly a banner over St. Louis saying, "See you later, losers. I quit."

And SLU will win next year's NCAA tournament.
        Don't bogart that joint KBF, pass it around.
        I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

We got a room.

A chat room.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

W4nn4 cyb3r?
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

KBF:

Not bad. But, and I hate to be picky (actually, no I don't), I think you were also supposed to apologize to Reggie, Kah, and Trig for all the arguments you've been in with them over La Russa.

So, you're not quite done yet.
              I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Mar 17 2004, 10:08 AM
                KBF:

Not bad. But, and I hate to be picky (actually, no I don't), I think you were also supposed to apologize to Reggie, Kah, and Trig for all the arguments you've been in with them over La Russa.

So, you're not quite done yet.
                Oh, yeah, I forgot.

To Reggie (wherever he is -- I hope he doesn't turn out to be that guy who was shooting at cars in Ohio), Trig (hey, look, here's another anti-Bush thread) and Kah (the remarkably annoying, yet interesting as hell poster, with an eclectic assortment of passions, from old movies to JFK assassination theories. He'd be a great friend, as long as you had permission to slap him upside the head from time to time):

Gentlemen, I apologize for disagreeing with you over the years about Tony La Russa. I was right, of course, but this being America, I should have kept my dissenting opinions to myself.

This will be the year.

If SLU can luck out and hit a Hail Mary at the buzzer to beat one of the greatest NIT-caliber teams in basketball history, then the Cardinals can win the World Series.
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Bravo!

Complying with the terms of the bet while being insulting at the same time.

You are released from your obligation.
                  I'm always right.

Comment

Working...
                  X