X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ankiel update

By R.B. FALLSTROM|
    |AP Sports Writer|
    JUPITER, Fla. (AP) — Rick Ankiel has been out of the major leagues since 2001, and he has been ineffective since the year before that.
    Still rehabbing his left elbow, he is limited to playing catch every other day and won’t be pitching competitively until August at the earliest.
    Some might give up. Not Ankiel, who is just 24 and is convinced he can regain the form that persuaded the Cardinals to start him in their 2000 postseason opener.
    ‘‘I think it has been forever,’’ Ankiel said. ‘‘The funny thing is I’m still young, but I don’t feel like it sometimes.’’
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

He's like an old girlfriend you can't get over. As naive as it sounds I still hold out hope for him returning and being effective. The guy had such magical stuff and is still as young as most rookie pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Mar 16 2004, 04:19 PM
      He's like an old girlfriend you can't get over. As naive as it sounds I still hold out hope for him returning and being effective. The guy had such magical stuff and is still as young as most rookie pitchers.
      I look at him like Drew. Probably become a superstar the instant he leaves St. Louis.....
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Ankiel is like a mosquito, he just wont go away. If he wants to make a real effort to help come back to the majors, he´d sack it up like AJ Burnett and speed up his recovery time on that elbow. Instead, he will milk that paycheck on the bench all season. Get rid of that guy.

Comment

He aint on MVP 2004

Neither is Bud Smith
          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Working...
          X