Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys have to check out this site

http://www.perverted-justice.com/

These guys/girls pose as underage kids and get sick fucks to meet them somewhere, then post their picture, name, phone # and chat logs on their site. It's fucked up to look at, but also awesome because some of this assholes get arrested, and hopefully the rest are too scared to try this shit again.

Sick fuckers deserve to be outed. I just read through one of those IM threads. Makes me want to go home and throw my computer in the garbage to keep my kids off of it.

You know, I've never been arrested, but if one of these assholes tried anything with one of my daughters, I'm confident I'd spend the rest of my life in prison.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 16 2004, 02:25 PM
      Sick fuckers deserve to be outed. I just read through one of those IM threads. Makes me want to go home and throw my computer in the garbage to keep my kids off of it.

You know, I've never been arrested, but if one of these assholes tried anything with one of my daughters, I'm confident I'd spend the rest of my life in prison.
      Elvis,

I agree 100%. I have to show this site to my wife, because she doesn't understand why I'm so uptight about giving our 12yo access to the internet. I'm finally about to give in and let her use AIM, but I'm going to lock the settings down so that she can only talk to people on her list, and only I can add people to her list. There will also be heavy parental control software installed on her PC too, as well as limited internet usage hours and of course, door open if net is on.

My wife thinks I'm a Nazi.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 16 2004, 02:25 PM

I'd join you, and I don't even have a daughter at risk.
        "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Hey guys,

scroll down the page a little more than halfway and click on Italian Stallion 4u and take a look at the pic.

Can anyone say Fernando Vino on steroids?

What a look alike.
          "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Mar 16 2004, 02:31 PM-->
            QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Mar 16 2004, 02:31 PM)

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 16 2004, 02:57 PM
            Can you recommend any good software for that?

Not yet. Right now I have Norton Internet Security which has a decent parental control module, which is fine for when she's on the main computer.

I'm planning on running a wireless connection to her PC over the summer, or after we move, which ever comes first. I want to have her PC linked to mine to get her internet connection, so that I can shut it down, or build a scheduler to turn it on and off automatically based on the time of day. I'm still researching parental control software, and the basic stuff like NetNanny seems ok, but I think I'm going to put something underneath it that records her activities, and emails us when certain keywords are dectected. I saw something like that online awhile back, but it would have been overkill at the time. I also need to find a version of AIM that I can "lock down" so she can't make changes to the settings or buddy list. I will be more than happy to share any info I find with you. And if anyone (pgrote) has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Comment

Try CyberPatrol.

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Mar 16 2004, 03:56 PM
                Try CyberPatrol.
                Wow, this looks great from a quick glance. Looks like it does everthing I'd want.

Do your parents use this for you GSB?

just kidding..had to take that jab at ya. Honestly, thank you very much for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Mar 16 2004, 04:00 PM-->
                  QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Mar 16 2004, 04:00 PM)

My wife and I have been paranoid about all things relating to the safety of our kids (as I'm sure every responsible parent is) to the extent that we've been critisized by others for being overly-protective.

So, I come from that end of the spectrum when I say this.......

I've got 13 year-old and 10 year-old daughters. The wife and I keep the kids computer at the edge of the family room (where I can see it from the kitchen where I spend much of the evening and she can see it from her usual couch-potatoe site while watching TV).

The girls can't even log on unless we're there to do it for them.

Maybe a bit over-the-top but it works for us.

Comment

Whatever works is the right solution. No matter what you do, it's going to piss the kids off, so you might as well cover all your bases.
                    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Mar 16 2004, 04:14 PM
                      My wife and I have been paranoid about all things relating to the safety of our kids (as I'm sure every responsible parent is) to the extent that we've been critisized by others for being overly-protective.

So, I come from that end of the spectrum when I say this.......

I've got 13 year-old and 10 year-old daughters. The wife and I keep the kids computer at the edge of the family room (where I can see it from the kitchen where I spend much of the evening and she can see it from her usual couch-potatoe site while watching TV).

The girls can't even log on unless we're there to do it for them.

Maybe a bit over-the-top but it works for us.
                      That's pretty much the way it is now, but as she's going to want more online access soon, and I monopolize the computer with work stuff and this silly site, I want to avoid fights over computer time. That's why I think it's time to give her limited access on her own PC.

Ground rules, are door open while online. We can see her screen when we walk by her room. Very limited access to the web, and no chat rooms, only IM from a program that we control completely. Access shut off by 10pm each night. And then the program that monitors everything she does online, even her chats. This can be setup, from what i've heard, to monitor for certain words, phrases or activities and email you with a notice, so you can check the activity. My wife thinks that's an invasion of her privacy, but we'd only check it if a flag was raised. I basically told her that she needs to let me handle this, like she handles other stuff, and trust my judgement. After that didn't fly, I told her it was this or nothing, end of story.

Comment

jesus
                        Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 16 2004, 04:28 PM
                          jesus
                          what?

Comment

• Working...
                            X