Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owens deal finally sealed; bound for Eagles

Owens deal finally sealed; bound for Eagles

Terrell Owens will be a Philadelphia Eagle after all as a settlement has been reached.

SportsLine.com has learned that the T.O. fiasco has been settled with a deal that is essentially a brand new trade.

In the new deal Owens will be traded from the 49ers to the Eagles in exchange for one of the Eagles defensive starters (who is not yet being mentioned because the player has not yet been informed). The Ravens' own second-round pick will be returned as well as a draft pick from the Eagles, likely a fifth-rounder, for their trouble in the matter.

The two sides were talking yesterday about a variety of settlements that included the Niners receiving a third-round pick from any team that signed Owens and the Ravens receiving their No.2 plus another draft choice.

The settlement is contingent upon Owens' approval, but sources close to the player said that he was aware of the deal, had agreed and was going to Eagles' complex in the next 24 to 48 hours to take a physical and sign off on the new deal.
    Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Two play makers like Kearse and Owens in ONE off season. Wow!

Put the Eagles down as my early favorites to finally win the NFC and go to the SB in 2005.
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

How can this deal stand up if the arbitrator was reportedly to rule in Owens' favor?

This trade will happen after Owens filed his papers to void his current contract.

Comment

Philly will win the Super Bowl next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Mar 16 2004, 11:32 AM
          Philly will win the Super Bowl next year.
          Let's not get carried away yet. The Eagles still have some holes to fill on defense and their CB's this year will have a lot to prove.

Comment

I used to like Philly.
            Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Unless Owens can stop the run, I don't think Philly is winning anything. Plus they lost 2 cornerbacks in Vincent and Taylor. I really don't think they should be planning any parades just yet.
              "They misunderestimated me."
              Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
              -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by CSD+Mar 16 2004, 11:36 AM-->
                QUOTE (CSD @ Mar 16 2004, 11:36 AM)

Originally posted by TTB+Mar 16 2004, 11:41 AM-->
                QUOTE (TTB @ Mar 16 2004, 11:41 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 11:36 AM

This pisses me off because that assclown TO ends up getting what he wanted in the first place. I was hoping that he would mouth off to Ray Lewis and RayRay would go medieval on his ass.

Do the Iggles play Baltimore this year? Here's hoping TO goes over the middle.
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by matt75@Mar 16 2004, 11:38 AM
                  Unless Owens can stop the run, I don't think Philly is winning anything. Plus they lost 2 cornerbacks in Vincent and Taylor. I really don't think they should be planning any parades just yet.
                  The Eagles didn't have a problem against the run until their defensive line got hammered with injuries. With all those players coming back, I think they will be fine in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 16 2004, 11:47 AM
                    This pisses me off because that assclown TO ends up getting what he wanted in the first place. I was hoping that he would mouth off to Ray Lewis and RayRay would go medieval on his ass.

Do the Iggles play Baltimore this year? Here's hoping TO goes over the middle.
                    Yes, they do play the Ravens.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD+Mar 16 2004, 11:44 AM-->
                      QUOTE (CSD @ Mar 16 2004, 11:44 AM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 11:41 AM
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 11:36 AM

the Eagles did make a coulple good aquisitions....but both players haven't played upto their potential in at least a year.

and they lost their two starting CBs as well.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD+Mar 16 2004, 11:50 AM-->
                        QUOTE (CSD @ Mar 16 2004, 11:50 AM)
                        Working...
                        X