• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the kerry flap

Kerry Sticks to Claim of World Support
    1 hour, 30 minutes ago

By MIKE GLOVER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) is not backing down from his claim that some foreign leaders privately support him against President Bush (news - web sites), dismissing suggestions by the White House that he is lying if he is not willing to identify the leaders.

"I'm not making anything up at all," Kerry told The Associated Press in an interview Monday. He accused Republicans of "trying to change the subject" from jobs, health care and other issues.

In a telephone interview, the Massachusetts senator and presumptive Democratic nominee said "it's no secret" that some countries are "deeply divided about our foreign policy. We have lost respect and influence in the world."

He continued: "I stand by my statement. The point is not the leaders. What's important is that this administration's foreign policy is not making us as safe as we can be in the world."

"The point is not the leaders"
    translation
    "You caught me!"

Being discussed in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by dooz@Mar 16 2004, 09:37 AM

Kerry Sticks to Claim of World Support   
      1 hour, 30 minutes ago 

By MIKE GLOVER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) is not backing down from his claim that some foreign leaders privately support him against President Bush (news - web sites), dismissing suggestions by the White House that he is lying if he is not willing to identify the leaders.

"I'm not making anything up at all," Kerry told The Associated Press in an interview Monday. He accused Republicans of "trying to change the subject" from jobs, health care and other issues.

In a telephone interview, the Massachusetts senator and presumptive Democratic nominee said "it's no secret" that some countries are "deeply divided about our foreign policy. We have lost respect and influence in the world."

He continued: " I stand by my statement. The point is not the leaders.What's important is that this administration's foreign policy is not making us as safe as we can be in the world. "

"The point is not the leaders"
      translation
      "You caught me!"
      Nice attempt @ spin.

He has a point which you're completely missing....
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
      X