AI--from the bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI--from the bench

Maybe one of you basketball heads can explain this one to me. The other night AI was not sure if he could play but he then told his coach he could. The coach said ok you will come off the bench. AI said no thanks and did not play the game because he wanted to be a starter. I understand that AI is a great player and all, but is starting a game so important? Is it in their contract if they start a certain number of games they get a bonus? I mean there could have been a foul or whatever 20 seconds into the game and he could have come in then or whatever. To me he is sounding like a baby and not being a team player because he HAS to start. I don't know all the surroundings and such about it with him and his coach other than they have differences, but to not want to come off the bench is a poor excuse.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

He's being an ass because he hates his coach. I think he also wants to make sure he gets traded in the offseason.
    Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD@Mar 15 2004, 11:53 PM
      He's being an ass because he hates his coach. I think he also wants to make sure he gets traded in the offseason.
      I can't say I blame that he wants to get traded, but that's a crappy way to do it...doesn't make himself look good @ all...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

That is a good reason. I wonder if I can try that at my job. Nah, I like mine too much and my co-workers are great.
        Sponsor of:
        Brian Elliott

Comment

I'm an Iverson defender but he was completely wrong in this instance.

Chris Ford is not going to be the Sixers coach next season, which is one reason why I think Iverson has no respect for him. But it's looking more and more like Iverson may want out too. I for one think it's a shame what has happened in Philly. They have completely wasted the talents of Iverson since 2001 and if they end up having to trade him, they're going to be looking at some very lean years.

Comment

I'm a big Iverson fan but I'm really disappointed with the way he has acted this season. In fact, I'm pretty pissed.
            Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Thanks for the scoop you hoop-heads. I was not sure if I was being right about him being a little bitch about the whole thing. I felt like a non-hockey writer talking about the Bertuzzi/Moore incident and wanted to ask before I got my feet wet.
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott

Comment

Working...
              X