Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magazine: Cobain to quit Nirvana prior to suicide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine: Cobain to quit Nirvana prior to suicide?

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,13701,00.html

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

I was a huge fan of Kurt Cobain. I still miss him a lot. :(
    Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Jesus..dont want me for a sunbeam...

Comment

I've never understood the Nirvana/Cobain obsession... They weren't even the best grunge band... Soundgarden had them beat by a light-year. If Cobain fades away instead of kills himself, they're probably seen as what they are.. An average band, with catchy songs...

That last part is extremely ironic coming from me, since I'm a Doors fan.. But that's another story.

"
        Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Mar 15 2004, 09:52 PM
          I've never understood the Nirvana/Cobain obsession... They weren't even the best grunge band... Soundgarden had them beat by a light-year. If Cobain fades away instead of kills himself, they're probably seen as what they are.. An average band, with catchy songs...

That last part is extremely ironic coming from me, since I'm a Doors fan.. But that's another story.
          Your opinion.

My opinion is that Nirvana was by far the best grunge band of that era and that their songs were much more than just "catchy."

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Mar 15 2004, 11:52 PM

I'm not much of a 'fan' of Nirvana...in fact, I didn't really care for them @ the time...

To say that Soundgarden was better? I hafta say 'no' on that one....they were 'ok', but not better than Nirvana...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar+Mar 15 2004, 11:58 PM-->
              QUOTE (devaskar @ Mar 15 2004, 11:58 PM)

Nirvana will stand the test of time...

Sondgarden...will stand the test of the 90's...

Case closed...

Now...

Does Jesus want me for a sunbeam??

Comment

Quit Nirvana? How stupid is that?

You know what had more brains than Kurt?

The wall behind him.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

i have a few other pages going right now, so maybe this was in the article and someone can rely it to me, but why now and is this so important to bring to light?

Comment

Well, if he was going to join Hole, we've solved the real reason behind his suicide. Nirvana rocked. Along with Pearl Jam they were the best bands of the 90's.
                    "They misunderestimated me."
                    Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                    -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Mar 16 2004, 12:08 AM
                      Quit Nirvana? How stupid is that?

You know what had more brains than Kurt?

The wall behind him.
                      :o ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay@Mar 16 2004, 12:12 AM
                        i have a few other pages going right now, so maybe this was in the article and someone can rely it to me, but why now and is this so important to bring to light?
                        i was wondering the same thing, funk. who cares what his plans were a decade after he's dead.

but yeah, soundgarden? yeah right. they had a few hits, but almost everything Nirvana made was gold.

it's not even debateable.
                        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Not going to get into the Soundgarden?Nirvana arguement both were excellent bands.

This is just dumb. Kurt talked out of his ass constantly. He told lies to reporters all the time. It was a game to him to see how gullible a reporter could possibly be to believe the shit stories Kurt came up with. Geez I mean Kurt told reporters he once lived under a bridge and paid for his first guitar (or amp) by pawning off a rifle.

Truth is Kurt hated Courtney and Hole even more than he hated his own band. The only projects he was working on at his death were recording sessions with Mark Lanegan and Michael Stipe.

Let the man rest in peace. Thank God he had the balls to off himself instead of living in some rat hole and shooting heroin for 10 years like Layne Staley did.

Comment

Originally posted by matt75@Mar 16 2004, 01:18 AM
                            Well, if he was going to join Hole, we've solved the real reason behind his suicide. Nirvana rocked. Along with Pearl Jam they were the best bands of the 90's.
                            I couldn't agree with you more.

The ONLY 90's bands that I enjoyed enough to buy most of their CDs were Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Blues Traveler.

Then again, I'm 56.

Courtney Love is an evil bitch.

Comment

• Working...
                              X