We got our *SS handed to us..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got our *SS handed to us..

I have not been hiding. Watched game yesterday and got very inebriated after the Illini's lost to WI. It was good to finally have a day off even considering the games final outcome. Been busy today up until this evening. Just wanted to say that we mailed it in.. The guys looked very lethargic. Deron Williams.. Everythime he shot.. He look as though he was tired as hell. Maybe it was from guarding Harris most of the game.. I dunno.. Rebounding.. Seemed to me 4 WI players crashing the boards and no Illini even in the lane.. Just a very, very bad game for us.. I was at least expecting them to play for some pride, and a few times thought it was happening.

I haven't and will not give up on these guys. Silver lining.. Last time WI had our # like this we won 12 straight. We now only need to win 6 straight, but alas, against much tougher foes.. My summary..

We will learn from this..

Another silver lining? I did like what I saw of Ingram. We may just have another big man to give up more fouls instead of just Augie and Smith..

I said before the game I would have rested Powell. He didn't look good out there after suffering concussion..

Down that much, why didn't Coach Weber go with a 4 guard/small forward offense to get back into it. Dee Brown, McBride, Luther Head, and Williams letting fly with the trays? Just a thought. That's why I am not the coach tho..

Things I can't see.. Yes, the B10 is down this year. However, I like Maryland and Gary Williams, but... A #4??? They were what? 19-11 overall and 7-9 in conference? i know.. the ACC is God... Just my thoughts.. Any comments? thoughts?

Sparrow, if you read this, thanks for the post on Murray State. Let "the experts" think they can beat us. That's fine. I hope Brown and Chiles do play. Bring them on.. Peace.

The Tailor

Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

I've picked Illinois getting to the 3rd round in all of my brackets. Murray State shouldn't be a problem, and Cincinatti chokes every year.

Then again, so does Illinois...shit.

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Mar 15 2004, 10:28 PM
      I've picked Illinois getting to the 3rd round in all of my brackets. Murray State shouldn't be a problem, and Cincinatti chokes every year.

Then again, so does Illinois...shit.
      Hey now.. Not in 89... Also We did make it to the Elite 8 in 2001.. C'mon GloveSave.. Sweet 16 is not out of the possibility.. Cicny has choked more than we have now.. Peace.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

I wish I had the guts to pick Murray State to beat Illinois...but I don't.

I think Illinois will get to the Sweet 16 and lose but a big reason why I think they'll get past the second round is because they'll be playing the Cincinnati/ETSU winner in the second round. Cincinnati almost always loses in the first weekend and ETSU isn't capable of winning two games. So Illinois gets past the first weekend by default which is too bad because I don't think any of the Big 10 teams are all that good.

One of my rules of filling out a bracket: Always eliminate Cincinnati by the end off the first weekend.

Who are people thinking about for upsets? I'm thinking I'll end up picking Richmond over Wisconsin and Manhattan over Florida. I really, really, really am tempted to take Louisiana-Lafayette over N.C. State but I don't think I have the guts to do it. Same with ETSU over Cincinnati.

Comment

I have yet to even peek @ the bracket yet....I usually pick my share of upsets, but this year, for some reason, feels different...I just can't place it....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Dev,

Sorry to see that Pitt will probably have to face WI in Milwaukee. That blows.. I'm running way behind on my bracket. I'm going to look over it when I get home in a few. I'll be able to contribute more to the board tomorrow. Business has been good, hence I am behind on studying bracket and was "feeling no pain" on Sunday. I have read several of your posts from the last day. I may have missed it, but are we doing a bracket here? I saw CBS has some up but haven't had time to check out if they are private groups or not.

How's the job search coming? Any leads? Peace.

The Tailor

\'user \'user

Comment

Originally posted by Soocrates@Mar 15 2004, 09:15 PM
              Dev,

Sorry to see that Pitt will probably have to face WI in Milwaukee. That blows.. I'm running way behind on my bracket. I'm going to look over it when I get home in a few. I'll be able to contribute more to the board tomorrow. Business has been good, hence I am behind on studying bracket and was "feeling no pain" on Sunday. I have read several of your posts from the last day. I may have missed it, but are we doing a bracket here? I saw CBS has some up but haven't had time to check out if they are private groups or not.

How's the job search coming? Any leads? Peace.

The Tailor
              Tailor,

Here is the link for the Lounge NCAA pool. Elvis is running it.

I did my crying about Pitt possibly having to play Wisconsin in Milwaukee yesterday and I'm done whining about it. If they lose that game, it being in Milwaukee won't be an excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin ended up losing to Richmond in the opener though.

Thanks for asking about the job hunt...I had an interview today and will know by the end of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar+Mar 15 2004, 11:31 PM-->
                QUOTE (devaskar @ Mar 15 2004, 11:31 PM)

soocrates, I've been thinking that Williams has hit some kind of a wall lately. He looks lethargic on the the floor with no bounce in his step. Weber took him off Harris pretty early on Sunday and had Luther guarding him for much of the game. Too bad he took Head to the cleaners.

We need to play much better defense to go into the sweet 16, but we definitely can do it.
                *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

• Working...
                  X