Mel Gibson Having Doubts About BUSH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mel Gibson Having Doubts About BUSH!

Oh man - if Bush starts getting it from Stern on the left and Gibson on the right, Bush is doomed.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

MEL GIBSON: 'HAVING DOUBTS' ABOUT BUSH
    Mon Mar 15 2004 16:54:03 ET

In a wide-ranging hour-long interview with FOXNEWSABCRADIO's Sean Hannity, PASSION OF THE CHRIST director Mel Gibson says he now has 'doubts' about President Bush and re-election.

MORE.

In the interview, set to air on Tuesday , Gibson says of Bush: "I am having doubts, of late. It mainly has to do with the weapons [of mass destruction] claims."

The surprisingly critical comments from Gibson, a rare conservative voice in Hollywood, come as PASSION continues to dominate the boxoffice.

Developing...
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Nothing like hearing a celebrity espouse their views on issues and swaying the masses...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Just proof that Bush has even pissed off his base.

For everyone who thinks his second term is a lock, you may be right, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kerry wins.
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 15 2004, 05:54 PM
        Just proof that Bush has even pissed off his base.

For everyone who thinks his second term is a lock, you may be right, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kerry wins.
        I don't consider myself a part of his 'base', but I did vote for him and I am pissed, but having a guy like Mel Gibson espousing his views on things isn't going to change my mind on who I will or won't vote for this time around (as I am undecided)....

Besides, what happens in March doesn't matter, its where things stand come November...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Shouldn't someone on the Lounge email Mel and tell him that it was never about WMDs and that he simply hasn't been paying sufficient attention to our foreign policy to comment on it now?

Moon

Comment

Watch out Mel! You are going to get labelled a liberal terrorist if you come out and say that kind of thing.
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 15 2004, 06:31 PM
              Watch out Mel! You are going to get labelled a liberal terrorist if you come out and say that kind of thing.
              No, he's going to be labelled "irrelevant" by most voters, who assume (correctly) that most Hollywood celebrities are liberal democrats. Why does it matter what Gibson thinks? People generally vote with their pocketbooks - Bush's election will be dependent chiefly on how the economy is doing in October.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Mar 15 2004, 06:15 PM
                Shouldn't someone on the Lounge email Mel and tell him that it was never about WMDs and that he simply hasn't been paying sufficient attention to our foreign policy to comment on it now?

Moon
                Sufficient attention would be a 24 hour job as the reasons change that frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark+Mar 15 2004, 06:37 PM-->
                  QUOTE (Airshark @ Mar 15 2004, 06:37 PM)

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 15 2004, 07:06 PM-->
                  QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 15 2004, 07:06 PM)
                  Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 06:37 PM

Originally posted by Airshark+Mar 15 2004, 07:19 PM-->
                  QUOTE (Airshark @ Mar 15 2004, 07:19 PM)
                  Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 07:06 PM
                  Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 06:37 PM

airshark and dalode, normally I would agree with the "he's an actor" philosophy except now Mel's the beloved maker of that fine movie about Jesus so him pulling his support might actually be noteworthy.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Mar 15 2004, 09:36 PM
                    airshark and dalode, normally I would agree with the "he's an actor" philosophy except now Mel's the beloved maker of that fine movie about Jesus so him pulling his support might actually be noteworthy.
                    exactly. If the election turns out to be as close as last time, even a schmuck like Mel could turn the tide against Bush.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

• Working...
                      X