Kerry and Foreign Endorsements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry and Foreign Endorsements

This seems like a very stupid move to me.

Americans, if anything, do not like to be told what to do.

By him claiming that foreign leaders support him, he's essentially telling us to listen to what the rest of the world says and then do it.

Republican or democrat, liberal or conservative, (unless you're far left) you don't like the rest of the world telling us how to run our business.

We've been that way forever. Hell, we've been leaders in the world the last, say, 75 years.

Does he seriously think this is going to help him?

Discount the "Sure the Islamists endorse you, Johnny," and the "Kim Jong Il trying to overthrow the US government through John F. Kerry."

I just don't see it.

Frankly, it offends me greatly and I would feel the same if Bush said foreign leaders want him to win.

This makes me dislike Kerry more than anything else yet.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

What I find ironic is that Kerry brought the issue up, and is now almost offended when someone has the temerity to ask who these world leaders are.

I don't doubt that there are world leaders who would like to see Bush go, just as Bush would like to see some foreign leaders lose their respective elections. But to bring the issue up, and then claim you can't reveal who because that would betray a confidence has a certain disingenuous tone to me.

Thanks
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Wouldn't be smart on his part to name names yet, would offend the other leaders who still may have to deal with Dubya.
      It's called discretion.
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 15 2004, 01:46 PM
        Wouldn't be smart on his part to name names yet, would offend the other leaders who still may have to deal with Dubya.
        It's called discretion.
        Exactly. The talks with North Korea would stall when Bush finds out they want Kerry to win.
        Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Yaks,

Will you admit it was a friggin' stupid statement to make?
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 15 2004, 01:46 PM
            It's called discretion.
            Then why bring it up in the first place? That's actually a rhetorical question. I already know the answer.
            "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 15 2004, 02:58 PM
              Yaks,

Will you admit it was a friggin' stupid statement to make?
              I am not sure.

If people see it as he was lying because he can't name names, yes it might have been smarter not to say anything.

If people see it as well maybe we could get more done in the world with a leader that other countries (our friends) don't see as a mad man. It might help.

I believe there are countries that would like some less controversial, someone that they could support easier with their people.
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

C'mon.
                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 15 2004, 02:05 PM
                  I believe there are countries that would like some less controversial, someone that they could support easier with their people.
                  In other words, they'd love a pussy in the White House.
                  Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

What evidence do you have that Kerry is a pussy?
                    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

No one has really addressed my point.

I think that means I was at least partially on in my analysis. =]
                      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I think Vietnam would want Kerry in the White House.

He served in Vietnam, you know. Its a lock.

Comment

Does he really think it'll help him?
                          I would say "no".

he's essentially telling us to listen to what the rest of the world says and then do it.
                          Well, no, he's not. He's saying that, basically, the rest of the world hates Bush's guts and would love to see him (Kerry) win. Which is a true fact, even if you don't like it.

Incidentally, we don't have to do what the rest of the world says, but it would be really, really nice if we would actually listen to the rest of the world once in a while, instead of giving the rest of the world the middle finger all the time.

Frankly, it offends me greatly and I would feel the same if Bush said foreign leaders want him to win.
                          Bush would be lying if he said that.

I don't think Kerry is too upset that you don't like that comment, since you weren't going to vote for him anyway. But, again, it is a fact that Bush is thoroughly despised around the globe. Polls during the invasion of Iraq showed that Bush was regarded by the rest of the world as a bigger danger to international peace than Saddam. I am sorry if it angers you that your president is so hated by the international community, but he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 15 2004, 02:24 PM
                            What evidence do you have that Kerry is a pussy?
                            That's the perception people like the North Koreans are getting I'm sure. Who do you think they would prefer the president be?

Comment

Doing what's right is not always popular.

Being popular is not always right.

Comment

Working...
                              X