George Bush's ties to Islamic Terrorists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Bush's ties to Islamic Terrorists

More and more evidence that George Bush has been sucking up to islamic extremists and terrorist supporters. Unreal.

http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2004/03...er_3/index.html

The Arabian candidate
    How George W. Bush's close ties to Islamic lobbying groups -- and to an accused supporter of Palestinian terrorism -- may have brought him his razor-thin margin of victory in Florida.

Editor's note: Part 3 of Salon's exclusive excerpt from "House of Bush, House of Saud," to be published on March 16 by Scribner. Read Parts 1 and 2.

exceprts:
    On March 12, 2000, Republican presidential candidate George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, met with Muslim leaders at a local mosque in Tampa, Fla. Among them was Sami Al-Arian, a Kuwaiti-born Palestinian who was an associate professor of engineering at the University of South Florida. George and Laura Bush had their photo taken with him at the Florida Strawberry Festival. Laura Bush made a point of complimenting Al-Arian's wife, Nahla, on her traditional head scarf and asked to meet the family. Nahla told the candidate, "The Muslim people support you." Bush met their lanky son, Abdullah Al-Arian, and, in a typically winning gesture, even nicknamed him "Big Dude." In return, Big Dude's father, Sami Al-Arian, vowed to campaign for Bush -- and he soon made good on his promise in mosques all over Florida.

Nor were those Al-Arian's only ties to terrorists. According to "American Jihad" by Steven Emerson, in May 1998 a WISE board member named Tarik Hamdi personally traveled to Afghanistan to deliver a satellite telephone and battery to Osama bin Laden. In addition, Newsweek reported that Al-Arian had ties to the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center. Among his claims to fame, the magazine said, Al-Arian had "made many phone calls to two New York-area Arabs who figured in the World Trade Center bombing investigation."

There were also Al-Arian's own statements. In 1998, he appeared as a guest speaker before the American Muslim Council. According to conservative author Kenneth Timmerman, Al-Arian referred to Jews as "monkeys and pigs" and added, "Jihad is our path. Victory to Islam. Death to Israel. Revolution! Revolution! Until victory! Rolling, rolling to Jerusalem!"

That speech was part of a dossier compiled on Al-Arian by federal agents who have had him under surveillance for many years because of suspected ties to terrorist organizations. In a videotape in that file, Al-Arian was more explicit. When he appeared at a fund-raising event, Timmerman says, he "begged for $500 to kill a Jew."
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Yeah, I'm not buying the Bush with terrorist-ties angle.....

And that's coming from someone with a passionate hate for the man...

"
    Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

You may hate him, but at least you have some sense.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Triggy,

If it ever feels like you're pretty far out there, trust that instinct.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 15 2004, 01:03 PM
          Triggy,

If it ever feels like you're pretty far out there, trust that instinct.
          Personally, I think the guy who referred to Jews as "monkeys and pigs" and added, "Jihad is our path. Victory to Islam. Death to Israel. Revolution! Revolution! Until victory! Rolling, rolling to Jerusalem!" is the one who is pretty far out there.

And that guy campaigned for Bush.
          2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 15 2004, 01:09 PM-->
            QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 15 2004, 01:09 PM)

I don't believe that, but he is best buddies with the Saudis, and they are as extreme as they come.
            There is more repression there than there was in Iraq.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnKU+Mar 15 2004, 02:11 PM-->
              QUOTE (BurnKU @ Mar 15 2004, 02:11 PM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 01:09 PM
              Working...
              X