The Last Bullpen Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Bullpen Spot

It looks like the last bullpen spot is between Kiko, Simo and Benes.

While it appeared that Benes had some improved velocity on his fastball (some reports suggesting 93 +), this oblique strain is somewhat discouraging.

Kiko continues to be impressive by consistently securing outs. And while Simo's stats are thus far good, I'm not at all confident that he will make the team.

Here's my prediction. If the oblique strain is minor and Benes is able to continue throwing throwing hard, TLR will choose him over Kiko.

What do you all think?

Thanks
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Benes gets put on DL to start the season. Then, when he gets off DL, he'll do a rehab assignment, at which point they will evaluate how he's done, and how the big club is doing. Based on that, they'll cut him or bring him up.

Kiko is sent to AAA.

Simo makes team.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 15 2004, 09:41 AM
      Benes gets put on DL to start the season. Then, when he gets off DL, he'll do a rehab assignment, at which point they will evaluate how he's done, and how the big club is doing. Based on that, they'll cut him or bring him up.

Kiko is sent to AAA.

Simo makes team.
      Sadly, I have to agree.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Mar 15 2004, 09:43 AM-->
        QUOTE (BringBackZezel @ Mar 15 2004, 09:43 AM)

Kiko gets sent down, even though he is a better pitcher than Simo-man and out-performs him in the spring, because TLR and Duncan "like Simontacchi better".
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 15 2004, 10:10 AM
          Kiko gets sent down, even though he is a better pitcher than Simo-man and out-performs him in the spring, because TLR and Duncan "like Simontacchi better".
          And if you disagree, "I'd love to manage against you anyday"
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Mar 15 2004, 10:10 AM-->
            QUOTE (BringBackZezel @ Mar 15 2004, 10:10 AM)

It also sounds like the MArtelli comeback.

He wants to line up and play Packer? WTF would that prove? Wow. college kids can beat up on an 80 year old has been with a loud mouth.
            Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 15 2004, 10:10 AM
              Razzie and I agree?

Maybe I need to rethink my position =]
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Chazz and others:

I'm surprised that you all are picking Simo over Kiko. Granted, Kiko has only pitched some 40 or so innings and so we do not have a large pool of major league data to consider.

But last year gave us a good long glimpse at Simo -- and frankly, I wasn't impressed.

Kiko, at this point, shows much more promise. Now, he may turn out to be a half season wonder like Simo, but as of right now, Kiko is pitching better than Simo.

Thanks
                "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 15 2004, 10:17 AM
                  Razzie and I agree?
                  Next stop..........

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Mar 15 2004, 10:17 AM-->
                    QUOTE (WinstonSmith @ Mar 15 2004, 10:17 AM)

Originally posted by Razzy+Mar 15 2004, 10:22 AM-->
                    QUOTE (Razzy @ Mar 15 2004, 10:22 AM)
                    Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by JackSparrow+Mar 15 2004, 10:21 AM-->
                    QUOTE (JackSparrow @ Mar 15 2004, 10:21 AM)

And yet you wonder why you are a cocksucker and why nearly all here dislike you.

Chucking cheap shots our way when we didnt say one negative thing here.

Proof you are a flamer in more than one way

Comment

• Working...
                      X