X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards Bullpen on MVP 2004 Is Dynamite

Its lights-out.

Gives me hope for the season =/

By the way, this game is unbelievable -- and I hate EA Sports baseball games. I mean, I loathe them.

I hadn't got on in many, many years, though I had played them (borrowed from friends, played at their house), but this one is great.

They seem to finally have figured it out.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

What platform are you playing it on? I was thinking about picking it up for my PS2 after payday...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I have it on PC.

For various reasons....

-- Navigating menus and setting up a "dynasty" is so much easier with the PC, given the mouse and keyboard inputs. So much easier than w/ a controller only on the PS2.

-- Graphics are much better on PC than any console, so long as you have a nice video card. You can choose the settings and the brightness and everything, many more options.

-- The mods. There are mod communities that will release all sorts of mods for this and virtually all baseball games. There are usually roster updates, facepacks, stadium redesigns (which is really cool) and maybe my favorite is the sound changes. Last year, with High Heat 2004 for the PC, someone released a table of sounds for when batters walk up. So instead of the lame fake music the games use, you have short clips of real songs, like real life.

The Negative:

-- You have to purchase one of, I think, 5 PC controllers for this game. I got the Logitech for 19.99. Its awesome, almost identical in form and design to the PS2 controller.

-- High system requirements. To see it in all its glory, you need a fairly nice video card.

OVERALL, I think the positives on the PC far outweigh the negatives. Plus, the price of the game is cheaper for PC than consoles.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

winston, have you played Sega's baseball game? it used to be called World Series Baseball, but now they have the ESPN license, so it's ESPN baseball. i think it was by far better than any baseball game i've ever played. better than High Heat and EA (well, last years MVP offering. haven't played MVP 2004 yet).
        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

No, I haven't.

Was Giambi on the cover last year?

I think it was only released for XBox and not for PS2 or PC. If so, that's why I never played it =]

Is it going to be on all three platforms this year?

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 15 2004, 11:10 AM
            No, I haven't.

Was Giambi on the cover last year?

I think it was only released for XBox and not for PS2 or PC. If so, that's why I never played it =]

Is it going to be on all three platforms this year?
            It was on PS2 last year too. ESPN blew away the competition, but I'll have to check out EA's version this year

Comment

EA tops ESPN this year
              Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 15 2004, 11:16 AM
                EA tops ESPN this year
                Played both?

Is ESPN for PC?

Comment

Working...
                X