X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a 10th planet?

10th Planet?

This shit has always fascinated me.

Is it just me, or have they discovered a "tenth planet" about 30 times?

Comment

Exactly..........

What about Chiron.........

Or was it found not to be a planet.......
      AKA reddevil
      AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by davel@Mar 15 2004, 08:56 AM
        Exactly..........

What about Chiron.........

Or was it found not to be a planet.......
        I thought Charon was Pluto's moon?

They just need to define wtf a planet is. The reality is, they don't have a friggin clue how many Pluto sized objects are between Neptune's orbit and the heliopause.

I always really liked astronomy. I'm pretty excited to see what they Huygens probe from Cassini finds on Titan.
        Are you on the list?

Comment

SLU.......

Here's a quick blurb on Chiron.......It's on the scientific side......But not a bad description.......

Chiron
          AKA reddevil
          AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

I remember there being talk of a "Planet X" in the solar system when I was a kid.

I also remember reading somewhere that Pluto and Charon may have been moons of Neptune that somehow escaped that planet's orbit. Pretty interesting stuff.
            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

i say call it a planet. 10 planets!!! yeah!

space is so cool.

also, on the topic of life on mars..........what if there are martians, but they're like smaller than ants, and we think we're going to see we're going to see these 5 foot tall little guys with big eyes. when actually, everytime we land one of our rovers up there, we're crushing millions of innocent martian civilians by the second.

and the martian governor doesn't know WHAT to do to stop it. he keeps getting ideas from the captain of the martian army, but the captains plans never work.

and the governor's wife is on his ass to destroy the rovers, or else she's leaving him for the hot guy who lives up the dune.

i bet that's whats happening.
              Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 15 2004, 10:09 AM

space is so cool.

also, on the topic of life on mars..........what if there are martians, but they're like smaller than ants, and we think we're going to see we're going to see these 5 foot tall little guys with big eyes. when actually, everytime we land one of our rovers up there, we're crushing millions of innocent martian civilians by the second.

and the martian governor doesn't know WHAT to do to stop it. he keeps getting ideas from the captain of the martian army, but the captains plans never work.

and the governor's wife is on his ass to destroy the rovers, or else she's leaving him for the hot guy who lives up the dune.

post of the year.

OR at least the morning.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 15 2004, 10:09 AM

space is so cool.

Man...........What are you talking about...........???

Didn't you see "The Globe" this week.............It has pictures of a strange breed of Alien Cat that inhabits Mars.............Ants indeed..........
                  AKA reddevil
                  AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

They can't add another planet - it will screw up all the mnemonic devises for remember the planets in order.

The new Planet is named Sedna, so they'd need another S word.

Mary's
                    Violet
                    Eyes
                    Make
                    Johnny
                    Stay
                    Up
                    Nights
                    Plenty,
                    Sucka
                    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by davel@Mar 15 2004, 09:32 AM
                      SLU.......

Here's a quick blurb on Chiron.......It's on the scientific side......But not a bad description.......

Chiron
                      very cool!
                      Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by JWB@Mar 15 2004, 09:39 AM
                        I remember there being talk of a "Planet X" in the solar system when I was a kid.

I also remember reading somewhere that Pluto and Charon may have been moons of Neptune that somehow escaped that planet's orbit. Pretty interesting stuff.
                        the planet x/nemesis stuff was around when i was a kid too....ridiculously interesting.
                        Are you on the list?

Comment

Working...
                        X