Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martzke: CBS' Packer gives network moxie

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/m...4-martzke_x.htm

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Two thoughts here:

Billy Packer must have thrown a fit when Dick Vitale was announced as a basketball Hall of Fame finalist as a contributor. Packer HATES Vitale.

I don't agree with guys like Packer and Digger Phelps are being so critical of the selection committee placing the Big 10 teams so low. The Big 10 was absolutely awful this year and there was no single team that so far rose above the rest that they unequivocally had to have a high seed (like Stanford did in the Pac-10). The only change I would've made among the Big 10 seeds would be flip-flopping Wisconsin and Illinois.

Comment

Billy Packer has always struck me as being kind of a pmpous jerk, and everything I've heard about him supports that feeling. Most of the big time radio and TV guys are great with the student boradcasters working games. They'll answer questions, offer advice, some will even try to help out with your career when they can. Vitale and Sean McDonough especially have fantastic reputations in this area. I remember talking to one of the guys who did the UMass games during my time there, and he couldn't get over how downright rude Packer was to to the student broadcasters from both teams. As he put it, he didn't think Packer would "piss on us if we were on fire." There was also an incident involving some awful remarks Packer made about a female student working in the SID's office at one school that I wish I could remember the details of, but it had something to do with women not being allowed anywhere near a basketball game.
      Official Lounge Sponsor:
      Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
      The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
      Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Packer looked like he fell off a skateboard today....his forehead was all marked up...

And yes: he's an arrogant SOB...but hey, he can sell some pizza!!!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

He made an azz of himself Sunday and Martelli was helpful enough to point it out to those who missed it.

Then pACCer made it even worse.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

FudgePacker is completely full of himself...........

He's an ass to everyone.........

Several people I know that work in broadcasting tell me he's one of the worst pricks..........

Another one is Berman.........
            AKA reddevil
            AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X