replied
    Originally posted by jhuegy+Mar 15 2004, 04:37 PM-->
    QUOTE (jhuegy @ Mar 15 2004, 04:37 PM)
    Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 04:33 PM

• TTB
    replied
    Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 15 2004, 04:37 PM
    Whatever works TTB, whatever works!

I'd rather go to the dentist or the in laws or anything for a day than to go through jury duty for two days.
    I'll be happy to flame Torchy daily if we keeps me out of jury duty.

Leave a comment:

• kennyboyerfan
    replied
    If you have to sit through a trial, do this and see what happens. When you get to the jury room, tell everyone that the accused could not have committed the crime in question. When they ask you why, say, "Because I was with him that night and I did it."

Then report back on how funny they looked. And how many days you got in jail for contempt of court. I just love pranks like this.

Leave a comment:

• JWB
    replied
    I was summoned for jury duty back in September, but got out of it when I had to go to the doctor for a uro-dynamics test.

I wish I was at jury duty that day.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Sparrow
    replied
    Whatever works TTB, whatever works!

I'd rather go to the dentist or the in laws or anything for a day than to go through jury duty for two days.

Leave a comment:

• jhuegy
    replied
    Originally posted by TTB+Mar 15 2004, 04:33 PM-->
    QUOTE (TTB @ Mar 15 2004, 04:33 PM)

• TTB
    replied
    Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 15 2004, 12:59 AM
    Tell them you HATE gays and that you are in favor of the death penalty.

Make sure you work the "N"- word into a sentence. They will throw your ass out of there and never call you back to serve again.

If you are a black male, work the word Cracker or white trash into a sentence. That will work too.
    I vote in every election and have not moved since 1998.

My wife gets called all the time and yet I have NEVER been asked (not that I'm complaining).

I wonder if voting a straight Republican ticket sets off red flags!

Hmmmmmm....I'm guessing Torchy told them I'm a hypocritical racist.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Sparrow
    replied
    take the time to study the brackets and try to win some money in office pools.

That would make it worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Ball Four is a great book, I still have my worn out copy I got
    when it first came out.

My experience with jury duty has been very boring. Mostly sitting
    around waiting and reading.

Leave a comment:

• jhuegy
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 15 2004, 04:21 PM
    all I got was extra spit in my bean burrito.

Leave a comment:

• Fishbone
    replied
    I'm a Lounger and I would get picked right off the bat?
    Good luck with that line. I tried using it at Del Taco to move through the service line quicker but all I got was extra spit in my bean burrito. Typical.

Leave a comment:

• jhuegy
    replied
    Well, the first day is history and I read the ENTIRE P-D and 1/3 of Ball Four. I get to go back and try it again tomorrow. They didn't even call my name once. Maybe I ought to let them know I'm a Lounger and I would get picked right off the bat? Oh well, I made $10 and mileage today so it wasn't a wasted day. :rolleyes:

Leave a comment:

• davhaf
    replied
    Originally posted by DaLode+Mar 15 2004, 12:51 AM-->
    QUOTE (DaLode @ Mar 15 2004, 12:51 AM)
    Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 10:56 PM
    Originally posted by Indu [email protected] 14 2004, 10:50 PM

• jhuegy
    replied
    I am pretty pumped about this. I'm 48 and only been called one other time. Spent 2 days reading a book and never got called. This is my second time and I really would like to work a case. I really take this kind of stuff serious but I don't think I would want to get on a murder case or anything too serious. I am really excited if for no other reason, my son bought me "Ball Four" a couple years ago and I've never taken the time to read it again. I read it when it first came out and loved it. I love reading about beaver shots in the stands as told by Mickey Mantle and all the boys.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Sparrow
    replied
    Tell them you HATE gays and that you are in favor of the death penalty.

Make sure you work the "N"- word into a sentence. They will throw your ass out of there and never call you back to serve again.

If you are a black male, work the word Cracker or white trash into a sentence. That will work too.

Leave a comment:

• Working...
    X