Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like the new format on 104.1 FM (St. Louis area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the new format on 104.1 FM (St. Louis area)

Sammy Davis Jr, Dinah Washington, Etta James, and it's so mellow and smooth.

Great alternative.......
    Make America Great For Once.

I called up the other day and requested Louis Prima, the guy was like 'outta sight, it will be on in five'

thought that was neat
    Are you on the list?

Comment

That station could have taken over the world in 1997-98 when the whole 'swing' scene was really popular....

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I like it too. I think the whole swing thing will get old soon, so I hope they maybe could mix it up by throwing in some more traditional jazz and maybe some blues too. With that said, we need an 80s station back too.

Comment

Give me a mix of 60's, 70's and 80's and I am good to go.
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 14 2004, 11:28 PM
            Give me a mix of 60's, 70's and 80's and I am good to go.
            107.5 Tucson,Az. Classic Rock at its best.
            I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I'll give this station a chance. But like Steve said, this station would've been lights out had they done this in '98.

As for classic rock, I still miss 97 FM The Rock.
              RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
              You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

The new RED @ 104.1 is HOT!!!

I've been listening to it for weeks...it's the only non-talk station I listen to...
                . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                -mike
                mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

new? This has been on for a few months now. I want to say maybe 2-3 at least
                  Sponsor of:
                  Brian Elliott
                  Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                  5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Ever since the first week of January.

From Thanksgiving on, they played NOTHING but Christmas music.

I mean NOTHING.

Then, they started up the new station at the beginning of the year.
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Does anyone remember the limbo the station was in when it switched from The Mall to The Red? They had some wheel of music shit on, where you would hear Nelly followed up by Garth Brooks and then Kenny G. It was some strange shit....

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Last time I listened to 104.1, it was all Christmas music, even in early January. So it's probably been on for two months. Needless to say I was pleasantly suprised to hear Sinatra do his thing when I crossed over the Mississippi.

Comment

There's this station in Washington, DC which plays 100%...

Disco.

I LOVED IT..and I miss it.
                          The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

*Great* radio station. This is what I was hoping for when 106.5 went "jazz" (actually elevator music).

http://www.1041themall.com/

-RBB

Comment

Working...
                            X